Mummy Cranberry: Newbie Reporting

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Cranberry: Newbie Reporting

Postby Cranberry » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Dear all, just to say hi and hope to be able to make a +ve contribution to the community.

Cranberry
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Mummy Cranberry: Newbie Reporting

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 pm

Cranberry wrote:Dear all, just to say hi and hope to be able to make a +ve contribution to the community.

Dear Cranberry... no, you've not been "rotting" at home as a SAHM for the last 2 years... you have been giving your child the best thing in his life that no one else can offer, or at any price.

Welcome to KiasuParents.com!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Cranberry » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. But the spouse does not think so. He would prefer that I also contribute $$$$.

Anyway, I really enjoy this period with my sonshine who is turning 3 in Oct. He is now able to read A to Z (both capital & small letters), count from 1 to 100 and spell simple words such as apple, baby, ball, milk, car, bus and his favourites Barney and Thomas.

I would be glad to share info and experience with mummies/daddies who have children of similar age. TIA

Cranberry
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Cranberry wrote:
I would be glad to share info and experience with mummies/daddies who have children of similar age. TIA

hi cranberry,

wow! your kid does know lots of stuff at such a young age! what is your secret? Prenatal education? Shicida (see, i don't even know how to spell :P)? Glenn Doman?

My boy is younger than yours by one month..still babbling. :D

Welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby RRMummy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:42 am

Cranberry wrote:He is now able to read A to Z (both capital & small letters), count from 1 to 100 and spell simple words such as apple, baby, ball, milk, car, bus and his favourites Barney and Thomas.

Hi Cranberry, wow!! :congrats: you have done great!! Definitely NOT 'rotting'.

Cranberry wrote: But the spouse does not think so. He would prefer that I also contribute $$$$.

psst.. calculate all the cost for enrichments you have had to pump in to achieve those areas for your sonshine then show your hubs your $$$$ contribution.. :wink:

Cranberry wrote:I would be glad to share info and experience with mummies/daddies who have children of similar age. TIA

Can't wait to hear all your 'tested-and-proven' secrects!

Oh, and :welcome: to KSP

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Cranberry » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi jedamum & RRMummy,

No secret lah! What I 've been doing all this while is to point out to sonshine what we see/do during our daily activities. So far, he has not attended any enrichment classes. After reading the posts here, I'm actually quite tempted to send him for phonic and Chinese classes next year (KS mentality).

Sonshine loves to travel on bus so we usually take bus when we go jalan jalan (sometimes from one interchange to another). This gives me the opportunity to teach him numbers (bus numbers that we see along the way), the types of vehicles on the road and any landmarks along the way.

Visiting the supermart is also a good opportunity to teach counting and numbers, colours, shapes, size etc. Of course must teach him not to treat the supermart as a playground which some parents tend to do so.

This is only my 2 cents worth of experience and there are still so many things that I hope to pick up from the parents here. Cheers!

Cranberry
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Help Needed

Postby Gin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:47 pm

:?:
Hi Chief Kiasu,

Been desperate for some answers. Please see if you could help me out on the following: :pray: :pray:

I understand from some friends that girls (in general) of mixed origins (especially those, like mine (German & Chinese mix) tend to be sensitve and feel left out in local schools. Maybe they don't feel the sense of belonging.

I have returned after 20+ years of living overseas. Now it is time to look out for a place to live (of course, at the same time looking out for a primary school for my 2nd daughter, born in 2005). Can anyone please advise which neighbourhood school has a good mix or at least some foreign children?

Appreciate your help!

Gin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby amylqf » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:31 am

welcome to KSP!

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Newbies & Clubs