Mummy M3: Working Mum

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy M3: Working Mum

Postby M3 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:31 am

Yo all,

I am a almost new mum of a one year old girl.

Trying hard to juggle work and kid.

Any ideas?

M3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby amylqf » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:12 am

Wecome, New mum. You are coming to the right place.

We are all the parents like you. Pls look though the article, you will find a lot of infor.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby apple79 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 am

Hi wan,

saw u in the playgroup thread. I am new here too also a working mum and my girl is 16 mths now.

apple79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi

Postby M3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Apple 79,

I just saw your thread on playgroup

Too busy to go the forum these few days

Everyday I wish I can be a stay-home mum

M3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Hi

Postby san76 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi Apple79,

You are very lucky, now your kid is only 16mths, still lovable and you are still less stress. Coping with work and kid is all about time managment. Slowly you will be able to manage it well. With family support, it will be easier for you to cope with work and also some personal time.

When they are in P1, this is the time where you hae to guide them and be with them most of the time. It would be best to stay with them when they are in P1 and P2, this is the foundation of education. By spending more time with them= less time for work, so you have to plan accordingly when they are about 5yr old.

There will be more question of why, what, where from them. So, it canbe very fun answering them.

Happy parenting.

san76
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby apple79 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:57 pm

Wan: sometimes I wish I a stay at home mum too

San76: really? I already feel I do not have enough time for her now.... how old are your kids?

apple79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Hi

Postby Tranquility8706 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 am

M3 wrote:Hi Apple 79,

I just saw your thread on playgroup

Too busy to go the forum these few days

Everyday I wish I can be a stay-home mum

That is also my wish for the past 9 years :(

Tranquility8706
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Time with kid

Postby M3 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:58 am

I agree with san76.

While early childhood education is important, I think staying at home with our kids when they are in Primary School is even more important.

I am working hard now, trying to spend time with my one year old plus working hard to earn enough money so that I can stay home when she is in Primary school cos Singapore system is so stressful.

I wan to stay home so as to be more of her emotional support than for her academics

We should all work hard to make our wish to be a stay home mum a reality.

I have not found out how but I am trying and researching

M3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby san76 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:56 pm

apple79 wrote:Wan: sometimes I wish I a stay at home mum too

San76: really? I already feel I do not have enough time for her now.... how old are your kids?

Apple79,

Now is the best time you can start all you planning of what you want in later life when you kid is in K1-K2-Primary levels. The Primary levels are the most important stages in their growing up.

Sure it is now hard for you to adjust your time. Your baby is 16mths, best time to be with them. When thay attend nursery, K1, then more time will be needed and more frustration. The older they gets, the more you have to impart to them. Eg, behaviour, social etiquette etc then you will have lesser time. When they reach K2, you will have another headache again, how is the kid mastering his languages, reading and communication skill. Which Primary school to enrol- your primary school blues.

You will have more worries and expectation will be higher. This might not come only from you, but from the family, friends and people around you.

My kid is 7yr old this year, in P1. I start planning all these when he is a toddler. I am also a working mom that hardly in Singapore. I plan all the things I want and execute them accordingly. There are also bound to have hipcups here and there. This is where I need to fly back from work to sette. Many moms and dads here also give up their work for the kids and stay home.

I am now staying here for him, not really wanting to fly till he is very stable in Pri sch. Now I want him and hope that he can be in the top few classes after the segregation in P2 and stay in there till P6. Now, I am staying home and guiding him with his school work as well as enrichment programmes. I will only be free when he completed his Secondary level, by then he is almost matured and knows what he wants to achieve in life.

Try to enjoy and also plan ahead. Being parents now is very different from our time.

So have fun and read more articles in Kiasu Parents, to keep updated of the trend now. It is really fun being parenting. You will be amazed when you recall the time your baby is born and when they are toddler, time flies faster when they start attending school.

Dont worry too much too. Everything will be iron out smoothly when the time to come. Relax now and have fun.

Hi M3,

As long as you can manage your work and kid is good enough. Need not to change unless they start telling you to stay for them, then no other choice you have to give up something just for them. Me and some moms here gave up our career just for the kids. I can never buy back the time I misses with all the wealth in the world.

As long as we treasure the time we had together is the most important.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!

san76
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby apple79 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi San76,

Thanks for your sound advice. Without doubt, I will stay at home for my kid if our finances allow. I have never been a career minded person, I guess it make it easier for me to decide should one day I am needed at home.

Yah agree is fun and I find lots of joy in being a parents which makes me forget abt the frustrations and tiredness.

My boss ever told me, we will worry for your kids till the day we die no matter how old they are.

apple79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs