Mummy lex: Newbie reporting!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy lex: Newbie reporting!

Postby lex » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi all,

I'm a mother of 3 age 4(boy), 19mth(boy) and 3mth(girl). Found this forum when I goggle under "P1 registration". My son #1 currently studying @ St. James Church Kindergarten Nursery class. #2 will be attending their Playgroup next year.

But our family might be moving overseas end of the year for min 2 years. Thinking about my #1 P1 issue now.

Hope to know more frens here and hear all your views :D

lex
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Newbie reporting!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:49 pm

lex wrote:Hi all,

I'm a mother of 3 age 4(boy), 19mth(boy) and 3mth(girl). Found this forum when I goggle under "P1 registration". My son #1 currently studying @ St. James Church Kindergarten Nursery class. #2 will be attending their Playgroup next year.

But our family might be moving overseas end of the year for min 2 years. Thinking about my #1 P1 issue now.

Hope to know more frens here and hear all your views :D

Hi lex, welcome to KSP.com! If you are moving by the end of the year for 2 years, does that mean you intend to come back by 2010? By then, your 4 year old boy will be due for P1 registration.

It depends on how you value the rigorous but regimented education that Singapore Primary schools offer versus the more personalised education offered elsewhere in countries like Australia and US. Some people feel that Singapore places too much emphasis in identifying talented children, while in other countries, education is about getting children to identify talents in themselves.

There is probably some truth in that, but we should also keep in mind that Singapore's education system is well respected and definitely world-class. Our syllabus is being used in US grade schools!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby lex » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Chief,

Might be returning end of 2010 and the following yr my #1 will be in P1. Planning to come bk for a short holiday when it's time for the registration. Actually wanted to enrol in Rulang. Shld be <2km fr my place but heard that it's not easy lor... If not, will register him into Jurong Pri in phase 2A2 I think... cos my husband fr that sch.

Will be moving to Brunei and my kids will be studying in the International school there.

lex
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs