Mummy jeanieg: Super New+blur newbie

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy jeanieg: Super New+blur newbie

Postby jeanieg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi, everyone! Am super super new to this site so still have lots to learn/navigate around. It's like there are SOOOOOO many stuff to read/learn, there just isn't enough time in a day! : )

I am now mainly concerned with, what else, selecting a pri school for my 4 yr old girl. Not sure if I am being KS here but friends have already WARNED me to get ready!

I would like some advice/opinions on which school or route of action, but where should I post my questions? In the forum bit? Can someone help this new mom here? Thanks!

jeanieg
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby RRMummy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi jeanieg, :welcome: to KSP.com

Nope, one day surely not enough.. :lol: take your time to browse thru'... I'm sure you'll see some close to heart topics.. :wink:

As for your question on P1 registration, I suggest you start off here:
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... php?t=3311

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 4931
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Total Likes: 9


Postby amylqf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:48 pm

:welcome:

yah, start with primary section.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:35 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jeanieg » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes, will read further and am sure I have PLENTY to ask. :D

jeanieg
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:02 pm

jeanieg wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes, will read further and am sure I have PLENTY to ask. :D


Welcome to KiasuParents.com, jeanieg! Your DD1 is only 3 months older than my daughter. Any enrichment planned for her?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319



Postby jeanieg » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 am

Hi Chief Kiasu

No plans yet except for Chinese enrichment class. She is currently taking a basic Chinese Speech and Drama in her kindy once a week but I enrolled her for a trial class in Berries and she loved it! So will let her enrol formally once other school class is over. What to do... parents super lousy with Mandarin so must go for class (think I should attend to : ) ). What about you? Any plans yet?

Oh ya... may consider swimming...is that considered ENRICHMENT? :wink:

jeanieg
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:43 am

jeanieg wrote:Hi Chief Kiasu

No plans yet except for Chinese enrichment class. She is currently taking a basic Chinese Speech and Drama in her kindy once a week but I enrolled her for a trial class in Berries and she loved it! So will let her enrol formally once other school class is over. What to do... parents super lousy with Mandarin so must go for class (think I should attend to : ) ). What about you? Any plans yet?

Oh ya... may consider swimming...is that considered ENRICHMENT? :wink:


Hey... that's exactly what we did with our daughter. Been doing various Chinese enrichment for about a year now. And we do see the fruits of our labour :love: . Swimming is definitely good for her too. Just do it, don't procrastinate!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby jeanieg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:06 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
jeanieg wrote:Hi Chief Kiasu

No plans yet except for Chinese enrichment class. She is currently taking a basic Chinese Speech and Drama in her kindy once a week but I enrolled her for a trial class in Berries and she loved it! So will let her enrol formally once other school class is over. What to do... parents super lousy with Mandarin so must go for class (think I should attend to : ) ). What about you? Any plans yet?

Oh ya... may consider swimming...is that considered ENRICHMENT? :wink:


Hey... that's exactly what we did with our daughter. Been doing various Chinese enrichment for about a year now. And we do see the fruits of our labour :love: . Swimming is definitely good for her too. Just do it, don't procrastinate!


YES, SIR! :D

jeanieg
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 0



Return to Newbies & Clubs