Mummy Fluffy: New Addition to KiasuParent from the West

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Fluffy: New Addition to KiasuParent from the West

Postby Fluffy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 am

Can't sleep tonight. :roll: Chance upon this website and decide to join after reading all the interesting views. Well, I have a Sec 1 boy and P5 girl. These 2 are the reasons I lost sleep tonight. After going thru the forum, realise have to take things easy as some parents seems to have similar or even more worries than me. Hope I can contribute to whatever experiences I have. Good nite! :salute:

Fluffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: New Addition to KiasuParent from the West

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:03 am

Fluffy wrote:Can't sleep tonight. :roll: Chance upon this website and decide to join after reading all the interesting views. Well, I have a Sec 1 boy and P5 girl. These 2 are the reasons I lost sleep tonight. After going thru the forum, realise have to take things easy as some parents seems to have similar or even more worries than me. Hope I can contribute to whatever experiences I have. Good nite! :salute:

Dear Fluffy... welcome to KiasuParents.com! Just read your description of yourself in your profile and realized what a fantastic mummy you are to your children! We all lose sleep due to our children - the moment they enter the world - and yet they owe us nothing. There is no limit to what we as parents will do for our children.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Fluffy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:25 am

Hey! I didn't expect a response but a real pleasant surprise and thanks for your encouragement. Its definitely not easy having a Special Needs Child but on hindsight some parents may experience more demanding issues from their children. Anyway, I will try to add on whatever 2 cents worth of experience or view I have, hopefully it will enlighten other parents who may face similar situation or problem. :xedfingers:

Fluffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby NdHelpParent » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi fluffy.. i think the minute we become parents ..there'll be no end to challenges ...but i hv learnt to take them positively and sometimes something good came out of it. I hv a son in sec2 and i too find it challenging to handle him. He's become so temperamental nowadays...part of growing up i think...so now i 've learnt to let go abit and give him space.

NdHelpParent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Welcome

Postby buds » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:42 pm

:welcome: fluffy, we have LOTS to learn from you.

Looking forward to your sharings.... when you have
the time to come visit us here @ KiasuParents. :wink:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Fluffy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks for the advise, NdHelpParent. I realise too since he started Sec 1, it is no longer mummy yes and ok. He has his own mind and make his own decision most of the time. I need to adjust my expectation and parenting methods.

Buds, thank you for the warm welcome. We all can learn from each other. Sharing make us better parents.

Fluffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby dun-wanna-stress-out » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Fluffy,

I'm new to KiasuParents too. I'm currently doing a course on Learning Disorders Mgmt, (aperger, autism, ADHD...). I want to say that it's not easy but I know you must be a wonderful mummy. So jia you!

dun-wanna-stress-out
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby NdHelpParent » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:09 am

Fluffy wrote:Thanks for the advise, NdHelpParent. I realise too since he started Sec 1, it is no longer mummy yes and ok. He has his own mind and make his own decision most of the time. I need to adjust my expectation and parenting methods.

Buds, thank you for the warm welcome. We all can learn from each other. Sharing make us better parents.

Hi Fluffy,..having said that... we stll hv to try to monitor them from "afar" hmm.. like from the corner of our eyes u know...from my exp ...it's better not to ask them right away if we sense sth is bothering them...wait till we find them ready to talk & i can tell u patience pays. Deep in their hearts...they know we love them..just that they dont want us to be nosey at this stage...so we hv to pretend we're not lor.

NdHelpParent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Fluffy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:52 pm

dun-wanna-stress-out wrote:Hi Fluffy,

I'm new to KiasuParents too. I'm currently doing a course on Learning Disorders Mgmt, (aperger, autism, ADHD...). I want to say that it's not easy but I know you must be a wonderful mummy. So jia you!

Thanks for the encouragement. I have a Special Needs son. I am interested in such a course and wonder if its suitable for me. Can you let me have more details?

Fluffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Fluffy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 pm

NdHelpParent wrote:
Fluffy wrote:Thanks for the advise, NdHelpParent. I realise too since he started Sec 1, it is no longer mummy yes and ok. He has his own mind and make his own decision most of the time. I need to adjust my expectation and parenting methods.

Hi Fluffy,..having said that... we stll hv to try to monitor them from "afar" hmm.. like from the corner of our eyes u know...from my exp ...it's better not to ask them right away if we sense sth is bothering them...wait till we find them ready to talk & i can tell u patience pays. Deep in their hearts...they know we love them..just that they dont want us to be nosey at this stage...so we hv to pretend we're not lor.

I think you are right. Sometimes, I am just too impatient and worry too much. Maybe I should let go a little bit and perhaps results may be better.

Fluffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs