LearningMum:Hi everyone!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

LearningMum:Hi everyone!

Postby LearningMum » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Everyone!
I am new to this forum. Come across this infromative website while getting to learn more about P1 registration.

I just realised that my eldest girl is due for her P1 registration next year though she is only 4yrs old now (born end 2004). Feel abit guilty as too busy balancing between work and daily chores that I didn't do any preparation for her Primary education. :cry:

Really glad to find this forum. Hope I am not to late to learn from all of you and get ready for her Primary education.

Thanks in advance!!

LearningMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RRMummy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:58 am

Hi LearningMum, :welcome: to KSP.

My DD1 is also Y2004 kiddie... :wink:

Don't worry, still 1.5 years to go.. just need to jia you, jia you, jia you!

:celebrate:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LearningMum » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi RRMummy,

Thanks for your encouragement!!
I only started to realise that P1 regiatration for my eldest gal is next year when one of my good friends asked me what school I planned to send her to? I remember telling her that my no. 1 is still very small, just 4yrs old, still too early to talk about P1.

Really shocking to discover that I got to prepare years ahead, be a PV or related to the school,etc, if I want to send her to a neighbouring Primary school nearby, esp if the school is popular. Suddenly, become quite panic. :cry: :pray:

Not sure whether I am too late to be a PV for the popular school if I want to give my gal a better chance to register there.

Do you do PV for your eldest kid?

LearningMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RRMummy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi LearningMum,

Sorry to burst your bubble but yes, it is too late to PV now coz PV for our Y2004 kid has to be between 30June2009 - 30June 2010.

If you are still keen on the popular school then you will have to go for Phase 2C and hopefully you stay <1km which will increase you chance should there be balloting..

I'm still waiting for my fate to know if I've been accepted for PV.. I figured since I've done what I can, if not then I'll make the best of the next best school I will put my child into.. from this forum, I've come to know of forumers whom send their child to neighbourhood schools but are also doing great.. :wink:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LearningMum » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi RRMummy,

Do you mean I have to register before 30Jun09 to be considered as a PV for the school?
Sign...so can't do much now right? :cry:

Which school are you doing PV for?
You still waiting for the school replY??

LearningMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby RRMummy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:42 pm

LearningMum wrote:Do you mean I have to register before 30Jun09 to be considered as a PV for the school?
Sign...so can't do much now right? :cry:

Yup..in factwhen I called up some schools in end Feb they told me that the PV application closed on 30 Dec 2008! Like u, I also had the same heart-attack!! :!: :faint:

LearningMum wrote:Which school are you doing PV for? You still waiting for the school replY??

I tried applying for one but they never bothered to reply me for months.. in fact until now no reply..

As for the one I'm still waiting for reply is Rulang.. went for the submitted all the requested proposal and went for interview already, so just wait lor.. Out of the 254 who applied, they are going to choose 40 - 50 only.. :(

Which school are u aiming?

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LearningMum » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:02 pm

Wow! Seem like the schools, esp. the popular or "branded" ones, are having a lot of applicants for PV and can take time to select the candidates. Parents like going for job interview with limited positions. :shock: Really stressful.....for the parents.....

Rulang Primary school is a very good school in Jurong West. Do you stay near the school?

For me, I stay in Bukit Panjang area, so looking at the school in this area.
Seem like BPPS and CHIJ is very popular in this area. From the past years statistic shown in here, the PSLE results are good. But not too sure whether the others aspects such as character building, social and culture environments, are equally great for good. Sign....don't know whether still got chance to send my gal to either of these 2 schools.

LearningMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby amylqf » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 am

:welcome: , you come to the right place.

I am from east, so couldn't tell you much about your areas of school.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Welcome!

Postby buds » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:18 am

Heyya LearningMum, just to help you decrease that
stress level here... My girl is in a neighbourhood sch
and she's doing great, her teacher is fantastic (at
least for this year.. hehee...) and her school really
focuses on children as an all-rounder and not just
grade oriented. Plus this neighbourhood schools
have churned out hidden talents from various CCAs
and also churned out future scholars in my opinion,
with PSLE results beyond 280. So, my thoughts are
if our children have got what it takes, no matter
where they are, THEY will MAKE IT... BIG! :wink:
Most importantly, they're happy there... well adjusted
and have a nice group of friends to look forward going
to school to on a daily basis. And another criteria for us
is - Pssst.... school uniform cannot be gawdy hor. :lol:

We have cousins coming from Zhenghua who went to
top schools - All 5 of them! :salute: And the mom is a
SAHM who in her most humble knowledge of education
and nature taught her kiddies how to read and write....
We really kowtow to the family. Extremely successful
self-motivated children... worth our envy and tutelage.

So, here's my BIG welcome to you, LearningMum! :welcome:

Hope i made you feel a bit better already... Life's too short
to escalate grey hair process. Chill, aye? :wink:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RRMummy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:34 am

LearningMum wrote:Wow! Seem like the schools, esp. the popular or "branded" ones, are having a lot of applicants for PV and can take time to select the candidates. Parents like going for job interview with limited positions. :shock: Really stressful.....for the parents...

Rulang Primary school is a very good school in Jurong West. Do you stay near the school?

Yalor, churned out pages and pages of proposal leow.. I didn't even do that for my job interview.. so yah.. tried my best..rest is out of my hands..

We don't stay near but are planning to relocate..

LearningMum wrote:For me, I stay in Bukit Panjang area, so looking at the school in this area.
Seem like BPPS and CHIJ is very popular in this area. From the past years statistic shown in here, the PSLE results are good. But not too sure whether the others aspects such as character building, social and culture environments, are equally great for good. Sign....don't know whether still got chance to send my gal to either of these 2 schools.

Fret not.. browse thru the threads.. I'm sure you will find out all the info you need to know, otherwise ask away.. as you can already feel, the mummies and daddies here are very helpful.. :wink:

:celebrate:

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs