ashlee: Greetings!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

ashlee: Greetings!

Postby ashlee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi everyone, I am new here... not a MM but I have niece and nephew who are schooling...so stand in as parents sometimes.
Enjoy reading the posts and tips here so decided to join....
Hope to contribute in future..
Cheers :wink:

ashlee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:53 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Greetings!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:08 pm

ashlee wrote:Hi everyone, I am new here... not a MM but I have niece and nephew who are schooling...so stand in as parents sometimes.
Enjoy reading the posts and tips here so decided to join....
Hope to contribute in future..
Cheers :wink:


Welcome ashlee! That's mighty sweet of you to help your siblings look after their children. I find that relatives have a tendency to "spoil" kids... is that true?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Greetings!

Postby ashlee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:15 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ashlee wrote:Hi everyone, I am new here... not a MM but I have niece and nephew who are schooling...so stand in as parents sometimes.
Enjoy reading the posts and tips here so decided to join....
Hope to contribute in future..
Cheers :wink:


Welcome ashlee! That's mighty sweet of you to help your siblings look after their children. I find that relatives have a tendency to "spoil" kids... is that true?


Thanks! Was worried that there wont be any replies coz usually saturdays are family outing time...
They are actually my husband's sis' children...
hmm, true to a certain extent...I also tend to dote on the niece more as I find that some old people pay attention to boy more...moreover, she is a growing teenager, hope to ensure that she stays on the right track and not be too rebellious...

ashlee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:53 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Greetings!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:04 pm

ashlee wrote:... Thanks! Was worried that there wont be any replies coz usually saturdays are family outing time...
They are actually my husband's sis' children...
hmm, true to a certain extent...I also tend to dote on the niece more as I find that some old people pay attention to boy more...moreover, she is a growing teenager, hope to ensure that she stays on the right track and not be too rebellious...


Yes... weekends are day outs for most parents... I myself just came back from 2 chauffeuring trips :) I like how you try to balance out the "attention" given your niece... I'm sure she will appreciate it and remember you as she grows into a young woman.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby amylqf » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:25 am

Welcome, Ashlee.

You are kind enough to take care of my husband's sis' children.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:35 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby ashlee » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:53 pm

amylqf wrote:Welcome, Ashlee.

You are kind enough to take care of my husband's sis' children.


Hi amylqf,

Thanks.
Actually, it's only some days that we "stand in"...
My husband likes to bring them out to bond with them cos we have seen them grown up from bb. But nowadays, they really have to split time between sch activities, frens, their parents, grandparents, PC games, internet ( and the list goes on)...so only during hols, then we get a chance to really get a full day out. We try to talk to them during weekends and see what they are up to during weekdays...listening ear as well as being "messenger" if they happen to argue with their parents...
Roles of aunt and uncle have evolved :wink:

ashlee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:53 pm
Total Likes: 0



Return to Newbies & Clubs