Mummy 2bbtang: Newbie Reporting!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy 2bbtang: Newbie Reporting!

Postby 2bbtang » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi!

Sorry, very very new in this forum. Not very sure how things goes.

Anyway, short intro.

I have 2 kids (boy : 6 yrs old and my princess : 4 yrs old).
This week has been very very stressful especially with the P1 registration.
Glad to come across this forum which I find it very very useful and very informative.

Keep it up!

2bbtang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Newbie Reporting!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:08 pm

2bbtang wrote:Hi!

Anyway, short intro.

Glad to come across this forum which I find it very very useful and very informative.

Keep it up!

Hi bbtang, welcome! It's good to hear that you find the info here useful... and I'm sure you will be able to contribute information back in kind to help other parents.

You looking for a co-ed school for your boy? At least that will save you having to go through the pain again for your daughter :).

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby 2bbtang » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:38 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
2bbtang wrote:Hi!

Anyway, short intro.

Keep it up!

Hi bbtang, welcome! It's good to hear that you find the info here useful... and I'm sure you will be able to contribute information back in kind to help other parents.

You looking for a co-ed school for your boy? At least that will save you having to go through the pain again for your daughter :).

Thanks Chief,

I have 2 choice:
1) ACS Pri (more than 2Km) Under Phase 2B
2) Pei Wah (less than 1km) Under 2C

Hubby looks at long term plan, cos' if son get in successfully into ACS, for seconday school he can go straight into the ACS secondary.
However, looking at the balance vacancies, looks chances are quite low. So we are keeping our finger cross. If God's will to go in...will just go for it, If NOT, the Pei wah will be our next choice then.

What do your think my chances will be?

2bbtang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:28 am

But ACS is an all boys' school... looks like you are prepared to do this all over again... shudder :? .

Anyway... ACS Pri's take up rate this year after Phase 1 and 2A1 is EXACTLY the same as last year's... so it all depends on 2A2 and the number of PVs for 2B. I suspect there will be balloting for >2km under Phase 2B.

Pei Hwa is co-ed, an excellent SAP school, and less than 1km to your home. There was balloting for Pei Hwa in 2C for less than 1km. Too bad you can't get into 2B for Pei Hwa... your chances would have been excellent.

So maybe your strategy might be to try for ACS Pri in 2B, failing which you would try for Pei Hwa in 2C.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs