Mummy jenfoo_9: New member

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy jenfoo_9: New member

Postby jenfoo_9 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Hello here, i am a mother of 2 baby gals, one is 3 years old and the other is 10mths. Currently the older one is in whole day child care. Accidentally I found this website and I must compliment that this website is very informative and comprehensive.

My older gal is very shy and does not talk in school but at home she is very talkative. I must say that she cannot pronounce words properly and when she gets excited, she started to use her figures to point to you instead of talking. Teachers in school were quite concerned about this and asked us if she is able to articulate herself when she is at home. I am planning to enrol her to enrichment classes so that she can get used to outsiders and speak out more often. Any enrichment centre to recommend? i am staying in bishan.

jenfoo_9
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: New member

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:00 pm

jenfoo_9 wrote:Hello here, i am a mother of 2 baby gals, one is 3 years old and the other is 10mths. Currently the older one is in whole day child care. Accidentally I found this website and I must compliment that this website is very informative and comprehensive.

My older gal is very shy and does not talk in school but at home she is very talkative. I must say that she cannot pronounce words properly and when she gets excited, she started to use her figures to point to you instead of talking. Teachers in school were quite concerned about this and asked us if she is able to articulate herself when she is at home. I am planning to enrol her to enrichment classes so that she can get used to outsiders and speak out more often. Any enrichment centre to recommend? i am staying in bishan.

Hi jenfoo_9... and welcome! I have a 3 year old daughter myself, and although one can have a very interesting and meaningful conversations with her - and she loves to talk - she cannot pronounce her 'f' and 's' properly. So fan = pan and smile = mile :) We are not worried as we know she will grow out of it.

Most kids (and adults) have trouble expressing themselves when they are all excited... that doesn't mean there's something wrong with them.

So don't worry... enjoy your days with them. This is indeed the most fun phase of parenthood, so don't miss it by worrying so much about what your child will grow up to be. You can always send her to speech and drama classes (Julia Gabriel comes to mind) to build up confidence and language skills. They can be really effective when done right.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby cckmummy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi jenfoo_9, I'm also a mother of a 3yrs old and a 1yr old. They are both gals too. I'm facing the same worries abt my 3 yr old as u, she's also in full day childcare and she behaves like a "mouse" in school, very quiet, but at home she talk a lot. During her 3rd BD celebration in school recently, she was so reserved tat she don't look happy when her classmates were singing bd song to her. But the truth is not like tat, she kept thanking me for the cake and say she felt very happy tat day when we reach home at night. Teacher say she is just shy, but i'm still worried. I'm also searching for enrichment programme to sign her up.

cckmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs