Mummy t2: Hello..

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy t2: Hello..

Postby t2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum...I have 1 princess 9yrs and one prince 7yrs...it's been a stressful journey so far but I'm actually happily stressed...

It's good to know that I'm not alone....and nice to share our experience...

T2

t2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Hello..

Postby jedamum » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 pm

hi t2,
I am a SAHP too. so how long have you been one?
For me so far, since quitting my job some years back, the only stressful thing is when the kids are sick. Other than that, my P1 and PreN kiddos are still pretty managable...or at least I don't have too high an expectations on them :D
My next stressful project will be househunting :wink: ; I'm the paranoid type; when the selling price is too high, I get put off; when the price is too low, I get suspicious; so hard to please! :roll: :wink:
welcome to KSP. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby t2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi,

I did the SAH scene for 3 years in 2000 back when my boy was born...this is my 2nd go at it...the last time round I really couldn't adapt. I just started this year...

Now that he is in P1 and my girl in P3, I have to grit my teeth and do it again...have to guide them lah...they're my most extragavant project so far...

House hunting is actually quite interesting...but IMO now's not too good a time to go in cos market a little oversold...let prices stabilise a little first...

t2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Hm...
so back in 2000 you became a SAHM when your dd is born....no wonder you can't adapt... :D I have my PIL to thank for to care for my ds1, so when I started SAH when ds2 is born, it is pretty much a 'revision' sort of thing :D
yes...calculating the opportunity cost of our salary...indeed they are expensive projects. :lol:
So you reckon prices may stabilise early next year? The area i am eyeing is near 5yrs so I am hoping the increase in supply may push down the valuation. :D

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby t2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:57 pm

I have a strange feel that the property bubble may burst soon...anyway, I've always felt the longer we wait, the more $$ we can accumulate...then got better options...

I wanna move too but I wait for my boy to take his PSLE first...I don't want to be distracted lah....my hubby can't tahan my kiasuness..

:P

t2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Ya...moving can be pretty disruptive.
I am intending to move without uprooting my ds1 from his school, but just in time to pv (if needed) for ds2. I have this crazy idea of not letting both boys go to the same school. SAH too long...backside itchy. :roll: :wink: Want to settle housing soon so can consider going back to work for a short stint before SAH Part II. :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby t2 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:27 am

Know what u mean...even I just started, already looking out for holiday assignment... :wink: It's more for distraction really...

Which school do u wanna send your boy? Mine is currently at MSHS...

t2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs