Mummy Spitzcookie: Hullo!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Spitzcookie: Hullo!

Postby spitzcookie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:07 am

Hi hi, Spitzcookie reporting here! I'm a SAHM to 2 young kids, age 4 & 6 and also a furkid too :wink:

Came across this site when surfing the net for info leading to Primary one registration thingy. Hope to know parents whom are in the same stage as me with a kid going to primary one next year. Me kan cheong now cos' Jan '10 nearing and worried my girl's not ready for an entirely new environment :(

spitzcookie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Mummy Spitzcookie: Hullo!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:06 pm

spitzcookie wrote:Hi hi, Spitzcookie reporting here! I'm a SAHM to 2 young kids, age 4 & 6 and also a furkid too :wink:

Came across this site when surfing the net for info leading to Primary one registration thingy. Hope to know parents whom are in the same stage as me with a kid going to primary one next year. Me kan cheong now cos' Jan '10 nearing and worried my girl's not ready for an entirely new environment :(

Hey spitzcookie, sorry... we seem to have left you out! Welcome to KiasuParents.com!

Yes, most new parents tend to over emphasize on getting a "good" Primary school. It doesn't take very long before we realize that the more "good" the school, the more kan cheong we are in trying to ensure our children can do well in it. It's tough being a KiasuParent, isn't it? :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby amylqf » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:15 pm

:welcome: too

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SGoku » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:55 pm

:welcome: 3

SGoku
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby buds » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:Yes, most new parents tend to over emphasize on getting a "good" Primary school. It doesn't take very long before we realize that the more "good" the school, the more kan cheong we are in trying to ensure our children can do well in it. :)

You couldn't have said it better, Chief!
:celebrate:

Kudos to that! 8)

:welcome: to KiasuParents, spitzcookie!
I'm SAHM to 2 kiddies too!

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby spitzcookie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:57 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:Yes, most new parents tend to over emphasize on getting a "good" Primary school. It doesn't take very long before we realize that the more "good" the school, the more kan cheong we are in trying to ensure our children can do well in it. It's tough being a KiasuParent, isn't it? :)

You're rite! That's why I prefer a 'normal' neighbourhood school, hopefully my girl can fit in as an average kid :lol:

spitzcookie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Luvkid » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 am

spitzcookie wrote:You're rite! That's why I prefer a 'normal' neighbourhood school, hopefully my girl can fit in as an average kid :lol:

Hi spitzcookie,

yeah!!! :rahrah: "Normal" (or rather NOT TOP SCHOOL lah) school give "normal" stress to parents too!! :wink: Don't get panic if yr girl is ready for the new environment. If the school is just at yr neighbourhood, take the chance to tell her that is the shool she will be entering in months. On orientation day, take the chance to show her the new environment, show her the hall,canteen, the toilet, the office, staffroom..... Refresh this to her again on the 1st day of her school, parent will be allow to "tag along" on the 1st day. Come to think of it, I couldn't sleep well the nite before 1st day of school........And also "academically" prepare her too! That's what i did to my son last year, he is in P1 now.

Hey, welcome :welcome: to KSP!!

Luvkid
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs