Mummy Joyjoy78: A-1-day-old-to-Forum Mummy reporting here!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Joyjoy78: A-1-day-old-to-Forum Mummy reporting here!

Postby JoyJoy78 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello Gals and guys who surf here (if any),

My name is Joy and I'm 30 yrs old. erm....ok, let's make my intro less boring. :wink:

Being a Kiasu parent, I wonder why I have not discovered this forum till now!!! *still angry with myself!* My girl is already 4 yrs old and getting all the well-meaning but wrong advice, it's really a pity to not have gotten advice from here in the first place. hehe.

Anyway, late is better than never, so I'm sure my daughter will also benefit from my time spent here, not just "playing internet" per se, but getting a "degree" in parenting! Ok, exaggerating.... I'm currently working at a full-time job, but thinking of giving tuition part time/changing to a part time job / being a daytime nanny. My girl is at a full-day childcare and is well adpated there cos she has been in one since she was 19 mths old.

Things that concern me now is that : how to plan things better to have more time for my girl, but still maintain a financial safety-net, reduce stress, cope with more expensive childcare if I'm no longer a full-time working mum, adapting to doing MORE housework than ever, adjusting to staying at home more and = facing my in-laws more, preparing my girl to K1, then K2 then the biggest thing - PRIMARY ONE! Omg.

I welcome all advice and is also interested in getting to know more frens, esp mummies who have single child. Who knows that I may end up having some real life frens starting from this forum and maybe the kids can play together n we mummies enjoy a coffee from Coffeebean? 8)

Wat a long intro. Phew! My fingers are aching. :( Well, hope some1 replies (cos i have a fragile ego :X )

Cheers,
Joy

JoyJoy78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: A-1-day-old-to-Forum Mummy reporting here!

Postby jedamum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:01 pm

JoyJoy78 wrote:I'm 30 yrs old.

1978 effectively 31yo as of Jan.... :wink: a full zodiac cycle younger than our Mr Penguin. :D

Welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Mummy Joyjoy78: A-1-day-old-to-Forum Mummy reporting her

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:04 pm

JoyJoy78 wrote:... My name is Joy and I'm 30 yrs old. erm....ok, let's make my intro less boring. :wink:

Being a Kiasu parent, I wonder why I have not discovered this forum till now!!! *still angry with myself!* My girl is already 4 yrs old and getting all the well-meaning but wrong advice, it's really a pity to not have gotten advice from here in the first place. hehe...

And to avoid bruising your ego, here' a big :welcome: to you and congratulations to you for finally finding your way here to us, your Kiasu brethen :-)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: A-1-day-old-to-Forum Mummy reporting here!

Postby JoyJoy78 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:17 pm

jedamum wrote:
JoyJoy78 wrote:I'm 30 yrs old.

1978 effectively 31yo as of Jan.... :wink: a full zodiac cycle younger than our Mr Penguin. :D

Welcome to KSP 8)

*stamping feet*

I'm still 30 yrs old!!!! I dun care!!!!

This dec then i 31 lah, dun like that lah.... later i cry how?!?! hahaahaha

JoyJoy78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Mummy Joyjoy78: A-1-day-old-to-Forum Mummy reporting her

Postby JoyJoy78 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
JoyJoy78 wrote:... My name is Joy and I'm 30 yrs old. erm....ok, let's make my intro less boring. :wink:

Being a Kiasu parent, I wonder why I have not discovered this forum till now!!! *still angry with myself!* My girl is already 4 yrs old and getting all the well-meaning but wrong advice, it's really a pity to not have gotten advice from here in the first place. hehe...

And to avoid bruising your ego, here' a big :welcome: to you and congratulations to you for finally finding your way here to us, your Kiasu brethen :-)

hi chief Kiasu

Although I may never supersede your kiasu-ness level, I hope to become more kiasu. Will work hard towards that goal... ;)

Thanks for nursing my fragile ego. You're sooo kind! lol. Good things take a long time to find, just like treasure. Yeh!!!! so many things to read, wait har, i slowly go and read everything first. esp abt 4 yr olds! :O

By the way, i also posted in the Easterners Club cos i stay in the east. haha....

Cheers,
Joy

JoyJoy78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby SGoku » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:22 pm

:welcome:

Yippy....i found someone same year as me !!! :celebrate:

SGoku
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby amylqf » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:22 pm

:welcome: too

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JoyJoy78 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 am

SGoku wrote::welcome:

Yippy....i found someone same year as me !!! :celebrate:

Hi hi

Wow, me happy to have found another 1978! haha.. which mth were u born in? I was born in december. U know, i have a colleague who I discovered was same yr as me, and we realised that we have the exact same birthdate and birthtime also similar! And we were also born at KK hospital! Both our mums in the C ward! (who knows our cots were next to each other!)

cheers,
Joy

JoyJoy78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby JoyJoy78 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:37 am

amylqf wrote::welcome: too

thank u everyone for the warrrrrm welcome! ;P

wat are u gals planning for ur kids this weekend? Recently we've been bringing my girl to kok fah vegetable farm @ lim chu kang, farmart @ choa chu kang (if i'm not wrong hehe) and a place my girl loves to go is the Ericson pet farm @ Pasir Ris. Not to deny that as a previous dog owner, I do not really agree with the booming of commerical pet shops and the concept of caged animals etc, but sometimes hard to resist bringing my girl to see those cutesy dogs at the shops, esp pet safari @ eastpt. But it's sad seeing the doggies in a small area waiting to be bought.

FYI, in case u wanna bring ur kids to visit animal farms like hay dairies or Vishnu Cow farm, they are temporarily restricting the public from viewing the animals due to H1N1. So the in-thing now is maybe bring them to fresh, open areas like Botanic Gardens, Pasir Ris Park, East Coast Park, Bedok Reservoir, Changi Beach etc.

Joy

JoyJoy78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby SGoku » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

wat are u gals planning for ur kids this weekend?

Phew...im not a gal so im not planning... :wink: ...I dont have to :?

If anyone is born in 1978, there are 98% chances i might be older than that person. Not hard to guess my birthday rite...lol :love:

SGoku
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs