Mummy winem5 - Hello Mummies & Daddies

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy winem5 - Hello Mummies & Daddies

Postby winem5 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:21 am

Hello all mummies & Daddies,

I m a sahm with two lovely kids - 5 yrs & 6 mths. Happen to come across this wonderful website when i was searching for info on Primary 1 registration. Staying @ redhill area and hv not decide on which school to enrol my son. Hope that after reading the forum, hubby & I can decide on a school for my son. :lovesite:

Of course, i will love to hear more & share with parents staying in the bukit merah area who will be registrating their kids next yr for Primary 1 in 2011.

To everyone : Hv a long great wkend with your family :celebrate:

winem5
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:14 am

Hello and welcome! :)

For Bt Merah schs, have you popped by this thread yet?
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... .php?t=294

Yes, have a great weekend!

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winem5 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:24 pm

i hv not read this thread but i will definitely read it now .Hope that i will know more abt the primary school in my vicinity from this thread.......

:thankyou: for sharing with me...............

R u staying in this same vicnity n with kids of the same age?? :lol:

Cheers,
winem5

winem5
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi! You're welcome! :) I'm glad you found the thread useful.

Nope, my DD is already 7, in P1 this year and I live in Bt Batok. 5 yo is a good time to start checking out the schs in your area (unless you intend to register by volunteering in the sch or community).

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winem5 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Great! At least yr dd in p1 now n u dont hv to read ard for schools like what i m doing now hehehe :lol: ................n did she get into the school of yr choice? any pv required?

winem5
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Her sch of choice (and ours as well) is just downstairs from our home. It was already there when we moved in (ours is a resale flat) so I had the chance to see it get upgraded and also observe how the students behave outside the sch (especially in the common public areas like void decks). It's not the first choice sch for many in our area so no need to do PV and no need to ballot. It has also been running a single session for a few years already. My DH just strolled over on the first day of Phase 2C registration and submitted the form.

We see no need to "fight" with others (i.e., ballot) for the popular schs in our area and I don't regret it cos DD likes her sch, her friends and teachers, and so do we. It is also near her old childcare centre that provides After Sch Care. I guess that basically sums up why we chose this sch. :)

Good luck in your search! :celebrate:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winem5 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:09 pm

As parents, we will be happy when our kids are happily studying in the school n like their sch, friends and teachers. Both u n yr spouse hv definitely made the right choice!!!! :celebrate:

I hope my DS will be studying in a primary school in which he is happy & looks forward going everyday n most importantly, he enjoys learning each n every day.

Thank you again for sharing with me. Nice chatting with you. :D

winem5
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm

You're welcome! Nice chatting with you too. :)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SGoku » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:05 pm

:welcome:

:roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

:welcome:

SGoku
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby amylqf » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 pm

:welcome: too