Mummy jaeger reporting

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy jaeger reporting

Postby jaeger » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:56 am

i admired this site! its done for selfless reasons/ I have benefirtted much from the information presented here in selecting pri sch for my daughter. I appreciate the hard work and effort done by all!
Thus i want to give back and contribute. For a start I have written a "thesis" on the paradox of balloting...A misnomer and unfair approach

i hope to garner some form of endorsement from Mr ChiefKiasu and all those KS pple before i present my next step...

jaeger
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

the paradox of balloting

Postby jaeger » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 am

paiseh; here's the link i forgot to paste...going to be batt flat form my notbook

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/conte ... mment-2789

jaeger
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby SGoku » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:24 pm

:welcome:

:roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

:welcome:

SGoku
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: the paradox of balloting

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:16 pm

jaeger wrote:paiseh; here's the link i forgot to paste...going to be batt flat form my notbook

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/conte ... mment-2789

Whoah! Solid discourse worthy of study by the folks in the institutes of higher learning :)

Just a couple of notes:
1. Would you rather call the balloting process a "lucky draw" because that is exactly what it is?

2. It is not completely indicative to say that the probability of the next person winning a draw where X persons are trying to get Y places to be X-1/Y-1. The reason is because that next person actually had a chance earlier of X/Y at the beginning of the draw, like everyone else. Since all the vacancies are equally good, everyone in the draw had an equal chance of winning the draw.

3. Perhaps an enhancement could be for all lots to be drawn together, and then opened at the same time. That would preserve the mathematical probabilistic model for purists like ourselves. Kekkkeke :lol: . Who wants to lobby MOE?

PS. And I almost forgot to welcome you to KSP.com!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs