Daddy kaydenbrown: Hello everyone!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Daddy kaydenbrown: Hello everyone!

Postby kaydenbrown » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:10 pm

As you can tell from my profile, I am both an educator and writer. I am also involved in authoring some upcoming books on parenting and education with some other educator friends.

I hope to get to know more about Singapore as I am thinking of relocating here permanently. I am currently based in both UK and US.

I so far find that singapore parents are one of the most interesting bunch that I have know in my visits here. :D

kaydenbrown
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:41 pm

kaydenbrown wrote:As you can tell from my profile, I am both an educator and writer. I am also involved in authoring some upcoming books on parenting and education with some other educator friends.

I hope to get to know more about Singapore as I am thinking of relocating here permanently. I am currently based in both UK and US.

I so far find that singapore parents are one of the most interesting bunch that I have know in my visits here. :D

Welcome to KiasuParents.com, kaydenbrown! Yes, we Singaporean parents are pretty unique... I have not come across another culture where parents spend so much effort on their children, and yet belittle their own efforts through a rather derogatory term such as kiasu. Nonetheless, through the interactions that goes around here, it is easy to see that we are all very rational and unselfish people despite the stereotype that we only care about pushing our children to excel.

Hopefully, you will continue to find good reason to make the move to Singapore. We have great chilli crab here, for starters :) .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby SGoku » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 am

:Welcome:

:roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

:welcome:

SGoku
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby amylqf » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 pm

:welcome: too

amylqf