Daddy astronomer here, new member.

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Daddy astronomer here, new member.

Postby astronomer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,
A new member here. Chance upon this site while doing a google search for “Top Primary Schools in Singapore + Top Secondary Schools in Singapore”. How kiasu is that?…hehehe. I am actually quite the opposite. Well atleast in the beginning when my dd started schooling. I use to be very relax about my kids studies. Things began to change when dd started going into P4 this year and PSLE looms near (I bought her a PSLE Maths revision book two weeks ago and planning to get the Science one this weekend…,tell me if I am doing this kiasu thing a bit too far…lol). So here I am, a green horn, learning how to be a kiasu parent for the sake of dd future success.
Cheers :D

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mintcc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:05 pm

welcome astronomer :celebrate: no not kiasu at all....my own mum start doing that when I was primary 2 .... 8) :welcome:

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby SGoku » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:49 am

:welcome:

It is not a crime to be kiasu and it does not cost a dime to be 1 too :P

:roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

SGoku
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Daddy astronomer here, new member.

Postby jedamum » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:54 am

astronomer wrote:Well atleast in the beginning when my dd started schooling. I use to be very relax about my kids studies.

I think this site works both ways....it makes gancheong(clueless) parents less gancheong(by giving more info) and complacent parents(bochap) more gancheong(kiasu). :wink:
I started very gancheong over ds1's P1 preparation cos we were venturing into the unknown. But with veteran parents' sharing around here, giving a glimpse of what to expect, the gancheong spider is now less gancheong.

welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby daisyt » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:48 am

jedamum wrote:I started very gancheong over ds1's P1 preparation cos we were venturing into the unknown. But with veteran parents' sharing around here, giving a glimpse of what to expect, the gancheong spider is now less gancheong.

But for me is the other way round. I used to be very relax but after joining KS, I am getting more gancheong. I told my girl to forgive me when I react a bit impatience and she said "I think you go to KS forum too much". :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

haha!

Postby kiasumam » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:52 pm

haha! i think this forum quite useful, also quite funny - kiasu parents really quite kiasu sometimes!!!!!! can talk to many other parents lightheartedly :celebrate: and can find good contacts.. :lol:

kiasumam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby astronomer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:35 pm

mincy wrote:welcome astronomer :celebrate: no not kiasu at all....my own mum start doing that when I was primary 2 .... 8) :welcome:

Primary 2...wow and I thought I was already super ahead of everyone in my dd preparation... :lol: Nice to meet you mincy :D

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby astronomer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 pm

SGoku wrote::welcome:

It is not a crime to be kiasu and it does not cost a dime to be 1 too :P

:roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

Well said. Free website, free advice...and yeah it does not cost a dime....hehehe

Nice to meet you SGoko. :D

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby astronomer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:43 pm

jedamum wrote:
astronomer wrote:Well atleast in the beginning when my dd started schooling. I use to be very relax about my kids studies.

I think this site works both ways....it makes gancheong(clueless) parents less gancheong(by giving more info) and complacent parents(bochap) more gancheong(kiasu). :wink:
I started very gancheong over ds1's P1 preparation cos we were venturing into the unknown. But with veteran parents' sharing around here, giving a glimpse of what to expect, the gancheong spider is now less gancheong.

welcome to KSP 8)

agree with you :lol:
It is good to have ppl in the same boat with you sharing the same sorts of worries and problem and facing it together. Make you less gancheong and more confident that we are doing the correct thing. Glad to meet you jedamum. Cheers :celebrate:

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby astronomer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:50 pm

daisyt wrote:
jedamum wrote:I started very gancheong over ds1's P1 preparation cos we were venturing into the unknown. But with veteran parents' sharing around here, giving a glimpse of what to expect, the gancheong spider is now less gancheong.

But for me is the other way round. I used to be very relax but after joining KS, I am getting more gancheong. I told my girl to forgive me when I react a bit impatience and she said "I think you go to KS forum too much". :D

Hahaha...yeah for me too, I am getting more and more gancheong as kids grow up. It is like suddenly joining a marathon late...and so many people already infront of you...and some even reaching the finish line already...panic :shock: :lol: Btw you are chairperson of Northlander club yeah? Nice to meet you daisyt :D

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs