Mummy almondcream: Hello to All!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy almondcream: Hello to All!

Postby almondcream » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:19 am

Hi there,

A girlfriend told me about this forum .. so die die must join ... here I am!

Looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you .. cheers! :D

almondcream
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hello to All!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:49 am

almondcream wrote:Hi there,

A girlfriend told me about this forum .. so die die must join ... here I am!

Looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you .. cheers! :D

Welcome almondcream! Yuh, and a lot of people right now die die also must try to get into those dream primary schools of theirs. Are you thinking the same too?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby almondcream » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi ChiefKiasu,

Wow ... the timing of your question is spot on. My daughter is 6 and we're hoping to get her into Tao Nan. Not sure if this will turn out to be the right decision. Heard that it's stressful ... discussed umpteen times with my hubby and decided to still go for it. We are lucky enough to be invited for Phase 2B this week. Unlike some parents who move house to get into a good school, we bought the house first and then look at what schools are around .... decided on a co-ed one cos our second child is a boy. So Hokkien hubby had to join the huey kuan :-)

almondcream
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:58 pm

almondcream wrote:...My daughter is 6 and we're hoping to get her into Tao Nan. Not sure if this will turn out to be the right decision. Heard that it's stressful ... discussed umpteen times with my hubby and decided to still go for it. We are lucky enough to be invited for Phase 2B this week...So Hokkien hubby had to join the huey kuan :-)

Yuh... Tao Nan is reputed to be a pretty tough school... that was the school that one parent was telling me how the teacher told her that her son who scored above 80 marks for his Chinese needs tuition just so that he can keep up with the rest of the class. Scary huh? It's a top school, afterall. You probably should sign your child up for Molin Tuition School in Katong... that's where most Tao Nan and Kong Hwa students earn their stripes for Chinese.

Anyway... the Hokkien Hway Kwan is actually a pretty good investment... you get to enjoy a number of enrichment programmes at a discount plus a chance to go for their annual fun fair - it is HUGE. Last year, it was held at Singapore Expo. Imagine all the Hokkiens running around in one place :).

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs