Hi, this is Brenda, writer and mom

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Hi, this is Brenda, writer and mom

Postby Phil4v8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:40 am

Hi fellow parents,
This is Brenda Tan and my favourite verse is Philippians 4:8. This verse is my life principle because it reminds me to stay positive. I have a son, Calder, who is moderately autistic. Calder, now 8, has a 5-year-old sister whose affectionate and kind nature has saved me from many sad moments. I am a part-time lecturer with NTU and also writer of "Come into my world: 31 stories of Autism in Singapore". I wish you a fulfilling parenthood.

Phil4v8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Hi, this is Brenda, writer and mom

Postby KSP » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 pm

KSP :welcome: you to KSP

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Phil4v8 wrote:Hi fellow parents,
This is Brenda Tan and my favourite verse is Philippians 4:8. This verse is my life principle because it reminds me to stay positive. I have a son, Calder, who is moderately autistic. Calder, now 8, has a 5-year-old sister whose affectionate and kind nature has saved me from many sad moments. I am a part-time lecturer with NTU and also writer of "Come into my world: 31 stories of Autism in Singapore". I wish you a fulfilling parenthood.

Welcome Brenda. It takes great courage to just to look reality in the eye and tell ourselves that we will give our children the best we can for them regardless of their special gifts or needs. To document and relive your most difficult moments so that you can inspire others in similar situations is something that would daunt many others. I salute your dedication to your children and your sincerity in helping others face their own challenges.

I wish you a fulfilling parenthood too.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Phil4v8 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Thank you. : )

Phil4v8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs