Daddy ZacK: Such a great idea to have this forum!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Daddy ZacK: Such a great idea to have this forum!

Postby ZacK » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Hi signed up for this forum after a friend told me abt it today... Been an active member of other forums and I must say it is good to have such a forum/platform for parents to share information on anything related to bearing up our precious little ones in the best possible manner. Kudos to the creator of this forum :)

Anyway... Have a boy who will be 5yr old in Sep 08. Second one not really in the pipe line... I guess my wife and I fall into the category that the govt is trying hard to have us spend more time in the bedroom :lol:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Such a great idea to have this forum!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:18 pm

ZacK wrote:Hi signed up for this forum after a friend told me abt it today... Been an active member of other forums and I must say it is good to have such a forum/platform for parents to share information on anything related to bearing up our precious little ones in the best possible manner. Kudos to the creator of this forum :)

Anyway... Have a boy who will be 5yr old in Sep 08. Second one not really in the pipe line... I guess my wife and I fall into the category that the govt is trying hard to have us spend more time in the bedroom :lol:

Hi ZacK, welcome to KiasuParents.com! We were just a bunch of regular parents looking for something online that was more gender neutral and catered to parents with children beyond babyhood... and found exactly... nothing. Seems like most people think that parenting = motherhood + breast-feeding. We found ourselves struggling to get info about how to bring up our children in this very complex environment that we call the Singapore Primary School System. Everything seemed so mysterious when we first engaged the System... nobody seemed to want to share any info about which enrichment service or primary school to go to. So we decided to roll up our sleeves and do it ourselves. We thought we were kiasu parents ourselves to want to do this, so we called ourselves KiasuParents lor :D . Since our "official" launch in December last year, we have been joined by an army of like-minded parents like yourself who were willing to spend their time online listening, learning and helping out other confused parents. It has been a most rewarding experience.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ZacK » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:54 am

Hi Chief,

Haha Zack is actually my son's short name ;) I guess for now... I'm representing him in making these decisions abt his future.

The forum platform is great provided that the members participate with an attitude of sharing... When enough people share experience/information then there is really no need for the rest to really "reinvent the wheel" :)

Hopefully I'll have enough info/experience to share on here... As dun think I'm that kiasu lar hahaha... My son only attends regular K1 classes 5 days a week for 3.5hrs and the only enrichment class he has is on Sat for 1.5hrs... Rest of the time... He is free as a bird 8)

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BigDevil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:24 pm

:congrats: to the latest GM, Zack!!

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby ZacK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 pm

BigDevil wrote::congrats: to the latest GM, Zack!!

Hey hey Big D... Thanks :wink:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby qms » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm

:congrats: to Zack! Welcome to the club!

:congrats: to ks2me! Another star! Wow!

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby BlurBee » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:26 pm

:congrats: Zack.

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:43 pm

:rahrah: :congrats: :rahrah: Zack on your 'promotion' :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ZacK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm

ks2me wrote:
ZacK wrote:
BigDevil wrote::congrats: to the latest GM, Zack!!

Hey hey Big D... Thanks :wink:

Yeah :congrats: Zack!!! Welcome to the GM level or the "lor-li-lor-so" club!!!

Hahaha I consider myself fairly quiet lei... To qualify for "lor li lor so" club... The person must attain GM status within 2 number of mths lar... :!: :P

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 pm

qms wrote::congrats: to Zack! Welcome to the club!

:congrats: to ks2me! Another star! Wow!

Kekeke thanks qms :celebrate:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs