Mummy huskies: Floravale Mummies

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy huskies: Floravale Mummies

Postby huskies » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi
I am a SAHM residing at Floravale. I have a 3 year old boy. Anyone interested in meeting up for playdates? We can meet up at the study room or playground for the first date. Look forward to meeting some new friends! :D

huskies
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Mummy huskies: Floravale Mummies

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:29 pm

huskies wrote:Hi
I am a SAHM residing at Floravale. I have a 3 year old boy. Anyone interested in meeting up for playdates? We can meet up at the study room or playground for the first date. Look forward to meeting some new friends! :D

Welcome huskies! Sorry we took so long to say hi. No... I don't stay at the Floravale (sounds familiar... but no idea where it is leh :oops: ). But playdates sound fun. Do you send your 3yo boy to playgrounds? You can probably find plenty of company there too.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby amylqf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:50 pm

:welcome:

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Welcome!

Postby buds » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:40 am

Floravale is @ Jurong if i'm not mistaken, Chief. :wink:

:welcome: to KiasuParents, huskies!

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Postby huskies » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi everyone who replied, thanks for the warm welcome! Been away so I haven't been checking my email. Yes, Floravale is in Jurong.

I recently pulled my boy out of school cos of the frequent occurrence of HFMD and stomach flu there. The last straw came when he caught the stomach flu bug too. I find that it is too big a price to pay just for socialization cos I teach him at home. That's why I thought a playgroup near home where learning and play can take place would be ideal. :wink:

It's ok though, I joined a meetup group in the west but have not attended any yet, enrolled my boy in Chinese and swimming lessons, tried to follow a time-table but failed so instead of being time-focused, I became task-focused. I set aside a set of materials for him to complete everyday. As long as he completes the Chinese, Maths and English tasks and ad hoc art, music and science activities and he has learned something, I take it as a job done. A job well done is when he learns happily!!! :D

huskies
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs