Mummy Kiasumam: acronym confusion!!!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Kiasumam: acronym confusion!!!

Postby kiasumam » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Hello my pals!

I realise kiasuparents love acronyms! but when i first join i was very confuse! not because i can't figure out the meanings but because some of them have double meaning for me!

:? for e.g.. DS for you guys mean dear son, but being a parents who is familial with special needs, DS for me means down syndrome!

And also DSA might mean direct school admission but i instinctively think it means down syndrome associaton! hahaha.. i for awhile thought i chance on a whole community of parents with special need kids! :shock:

juz thot i share my funny shocking experiences! :lol:

kiasumam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:56 pm

hi kiasumam,

i realised you had not 'reported' to the newbie section; while this is not your virgin post, i'll just shift this funny discovery of yours into the newbies' thread. :wink:

you will find more acronyms here - the academics related ones are truly mindboggling. if you submit some common ones relating to this community, you can also earn some meager points and be on your way to participating in our next auction. :wink:

welcome to KSP 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby amylqf » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

:welcome:

We use abbreviation positively. :D

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiasumam » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:23 pm

amylqf
Posted: 02 Sep 2009 22:20 Post subject:

We use abbreviation positively.

hi amylqf! yah, i know the acronym meanings now, but i think to a lot of parents with special need kids, they do not consider it "negative" either :) it's just gods doing. take it as a gift :D i think special need education is also very impt part of our society .. just wondering if we have a thread for special need kids?

kiasumam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs