Newbie Michael Chan (Daddy and Teacher)

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Newbie Michael Chan (Daddy and Teacher)

Postby senseimichael » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:36 pm

It has been a great 8 years away from Singapore. I was very active in Shanghai's expat board (where I was StMichael), where I used to contribute as an educator. I returned late last year to a Singapore that I do not recognise any more. I found out, upon returning as an adjunct teacher to MOE, that MOE has changed a lot (and to the better, I must admit).

I am presently working towards eventually becoming a full-time tutor and setting up my own tuition centre. In the meantime, I hope to contribute to this forum as an educator, like I used to do so back in Shanghai.

With three sons ranging from Secondary School level to Nursery, I am glad to have a SAHM for a wife. Her presence at home while I am away teaching other parents' kids made a big difference to my three kids.

Signing in at Kiasuparents!

senseimichael
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Newbie Michael Chan (Daddy and Teacher)

Postby KSP » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 pm

KSP :welcome: you to KSP

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby senseimichael » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Thank you!

senseimichael
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kamom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Welcome home...from fellow returning SGrean (SSIS-XH). You will be an asset to MOE.

KAmom :rahrah:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Jennifer » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby senseimichael » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 pm

kamom wrote:Welcome home...from fellow returning SGrean (SSIS-XH). You will be an asset to MOE.

Haha, I suspect if I use StMichael instead of Senseimichael, KAmom would go "deja vu!". How are your two kids doing right now? Adjusting well to Singapore too? My kids are still struggling with the local school system, the result of their time in Suzhou attending an IB international school.

senseimichael
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby senseimichael » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Jennifer wrote:http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6884&start=280

:welcome:

Thank you, Jennifer, for putting my post in the right place!

senseimichael
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kamom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:33 pm

senseimichael wrote:
kamom wrote:Welcome home...from fellow returning SGrean (SSIS-XH). You will be an asset to MOE.

Haha, I suspect if I use StMichael instead of Senseimichael, KAmom would go "deja vu!". How are your two kids doing right now? Adjusting well to Singapore too? My kids are still struggling with the local school system, the result of their time in Suzhou attending an IB international school.

THANKS to SSIS, they are doing well. Adjusted pretty well but was overwhelmed by the amount of homework and the super short recess time :yikes:

There are a few schools offering IB, you should check with SJI. Approach them directly.

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby senseimichael » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:59 pm

kamom wrote:There are a few schools offering IB, you should check with SJI. Approach them directly.

Too expensive, not to mention they want "proven results". My boys were in PYP, and the firstborn's SPERS results cannot qualify anyway. Interesting how the "elite" in Singapore does the IB.

senseimichael
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs