Mom-preneur...newbie to kiasu parents

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mom-preneur...newbie to kiasu parents

Postby JLPC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:21 am

Hi there. It's usually my husband who comes onto this site because he's the info gatherer so I'm feeling a bit like a fish out of water. But since I became a mom-preneur, I'm more reliant on myself for details and this is a good place to start to gather information and meet like-minded people such as yourselves.

My kid is currently in SOTA, and she's loving it tremendously. I left my demanding corporate lifestyle so that I could see her through the PSLE prep years and have not regretted it. I've seen her grow in confidence daily... such a far cry from when she was going through stress and depression from exam preps.

Looking forward to many interesting exchanges with the rest of you! :smile:
God bless!

JLPC
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Mom-preneur...newbie to kiasu parents

Postby Jennifer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:47 am

:welcome:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JLPC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks Jennifer!

JLPC
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

JLPC wrote:Hi there. It's usually my husband who comes onto this site because he's the info gatherer so I'm feeling a bit like a fish out of water. But since I became a mom-preneur, I'm more reliant on myself for details and this is a good place to start to gather information and meet like-minded people such as yourselves.

My kid is currently in SOTA, and she's loving it tremendously. I left my demanding corporate lifestyle so that I could see her through the PSLE prep years and have not regretted it. I've seen her grow in confidence daily... such a far cry from when she was going through stress and depression from exam preps.

Looking forward to many interesting exchanges with the rest of you! :smile:
God bless!

Welcome, JLPC. Umm... what's a mom-preneur? :) What do you "preneur" in?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby JLPC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:16 pm

LOL! Mom-preneur basically combines two important aspects of my life right now - being a stay at home mom and an entrepreneur.

I've decided to put my experiences from the corporate world and as a former lecturer to good use by recently acquiring a business centred around a program that focuses on innovation and entrepreneurship for youths 35 and below. I've coined my business the Joyful Learning Path as I believe that learning should be a life long journey and not just limited to school and academia.

Most of my programs at the moment however, are catered for those within the 7yrs to 15yrs age range, and is built on the successful Kids Invent! program from the US. You can have a look at my blogsite or FB page for more details: http://kidsinventJLPC.blogspot.sg and www.facebook.com/kidsinventJLPC

More programs for the youths are in the pipeline.

Cheers and God Bless

JLPC
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby JLPC » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Btw, I've posted up details of the June 2013 holiday camp (The Young Entrepreneurs Camp) that I'm conducting for kids 7yrs to 15yrs under the Buy & Sell Forum - Enrichment & Courses on this site.

The venue for the camp will be at Victoria Junior College (20 Marine Vista) and I'll be conducting a leadership training workshop for their student leaders first so that they will be better prepared as facilitators for my camp.

TGIF!! :smile:

JLPC
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Mod's Note

please only advertise at Buy & Sell

tankee
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs