Hello!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Hello!

Postby Linda_Chua » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 pm

I learnt in the last 12 years that being a mother is a learning process. I wasn't ready when I had my boy at 21 so I learn along the way. I realised one can never be perfectly ready to be a mother. There is no single way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one. Hi all, I'm a single mom of a 12 year old boy.

Everyday I think I reach the height of my patience tolerance limit, But the next day this limit gets tested and breached again. Most of my friends around me are starting to have babies. When they start to complain having backaches and nauseous spells or heavy with 8 months and tired, I ask them to enjoy them. When they start to complain their babies crying at night or putting everything they touch into their mouth, I ask them to enjoy them. When they start to complain about them walking everywhere poking their fingers into crook or crevice in the house, I ask them to enjoy them. Because these to me, are just the tip of an iceberg. Beginnings of the dream that will turn into a.....nightmare (tongue in cheek, I love my boy, though he has horns and only looks like an angel when sleeping).

I try to be a cool mom and don't nag. But it's really hard. Then again, I know I have try my best to be a good friend because I heard secondary school is another kind of nightmare all together. So to be a good friend, I learn and play clash of clans on ipad and mine craft on computer. I watch gumball and ogi and cockroach cartoons.

I have been grappling with the daily issues of a 12 year old like lying about homework, attitudes. Everyday is a mental challenge. As I don't have close friends with kids this age, I grab almost everyone I meet with kids this age to talk about my problems and hope to learn something to handle my son better. Still learning! Aware about this forum for years but hardly come in. Finally decided to join this forum because I was planning for his June holidays program and needed some activity partners together.

Before I end, will like to share this youtube video link I watched recently. It is a good reminder for me to appreciate the gift of an ordinary day and what else that may come into my life as my son continues to grow older. Watch it too if you are free! And see you all around..
:smile:

Linda_Chua
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hello!

Postby JohnYeo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Linda,

Welcome to KSP. Being a single mom is definitely not easy and it takes hard work with lots of resilience, persistence and love to be able to bring up your child and manage your family well...

KSP is a great place to share your stories, both successes and challenges and we are all here to provide a listening ear...

Welcome again and thanks for sharing your story.

John

JohnYeo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:23 am

:welcome: Hi, Linda. Welcome to KSP. Do join us at the 2013 PSLE thread, DSA thread, children born in 2001 thread, etc.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSP » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:47 pm

KSP :welcome: you to KSP

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Newbies & Clubs