Daddy NIEtrainedTEACHER saying HI

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Daddy NIEtrainedTEACHER saying HI

Postby NIEtrainedTEACHER » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi there everyone. It is fantastic to find parents whom are actively involved in their child's education.

As an educator and a parent, I also share the same concerns with all of you. But in any case, if there is anything that I can help you all with, do not hesitate to pm me or reply to my postings.

Regards

NIEtrainedTEACHER
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby GreenQ » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Welcome to ksp.com, NIEtrainedTEACHER! :welcome:

Care to share are you currently teaching in pri/sec sch?

Hope you enjoy sharing in this website! :)

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Saying Hi

Postby NIEtrainedTEACHER » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:47 pm

I was teaching in the Primary school till end of last year. I left due to personal belief differences.

My belief, a teacher should have the students as their top priority and not the glory of the school in terms of administrative awards which takes up a substantial amount of the teachers time which could be channeled to the children.

Schools belief.....simply put, any teacher would know the 5 areas of work review, where sadly only 1 area cater to teaching and learning.

So I left. Now teaching privately and loving it due to the amount of help that I can give my students.

NIEtrainedTEACHER
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Bowie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Teach privately? U giving tution or where?

:celebrate: Welcome!!

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Saying Hi

Postby NIEtrainedTEACHER » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Now teaching in my centre with some of my ex-colleagues. Also doing home tutoring.

Find it more fulfilling as a teacher cause I feel like one and not like an administration executive... :wink:

Regards.

NIEtrainedTEACHER
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Saying Hi

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:51 pm

NIEtrainedTEACHER wrote:Now teaching in my centre with some of my ex-colleagues. Also doing home tutoring.

Find it more fulfilling as a teacher cause I feel like one and not like an administration executive... :wink:

Regards.

Welcome NIEtrainedTEACHER!

(psst. hey buds... check it out... yet another daddy :evil: ).

Hmmm... seems like lots of educators are converging in on our humble little abode. That's good because we can now get a good counter-balance and feedback from the "other side" of the story. We do look forward to your sharing, NIEtrainedTEACHER! (Boy... your nick's a finger-ful)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby watmekiasu » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:29 pm

:welcome:

Looking forward to reading about your POV on problems faced by teachers, how parents can help/interfere :oops: etc.

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby NIEtrainedTEACHER » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:36 am

Hahaha....my take is that, parents don't interfere. If the teacher is doing the right thing and it is benefiting our children, then what is there to interfere.

Personally, I understand the anxiety that all parents have regarding their child's education and performance. In fact, teachers and parents should work hand in hand in realising what is best for the child.

Sometimes the problem is when the teachers' PR skill is lousy. What do I mean by that.

Some teachers would only communicate with the parents when there is something not right. But when the child has done well, nothing is being communicated to the parents.

There's a lot more situation which I can bring up but then....if you look at the time stated above....my mind is going into stand by mode soon...

So ..... :snooze:

NIEtrainedTEACHER
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby NIEtrainedTEACHER » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:57 pm

ChiefKiasu,

Hahaha....did not know what appropriate nick to state so just state what I am. Didn't realise that it could cause finger cramps.... :oops:

NIEtrainedTEACHER
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 pm

NIE-trained teacher, I share the same sentiments as you regarding 'award chasing'. That's why I opted for a change of school this year.

My focus in school now is purely academic, I've requested to be taken off admin duties which makes me lose passion, & it has also taken alot of unnecessary stress away at the same time.

Teaching students privately in my personal time has been very fulfilling & being able to interact with the students more, seeing their improvements is more fulfilling than writing reports to gain 'awards' which may not truely reflect the students' achievements & learning.

BTW, can PM me where/what you are teaching? Can refer students to you if level/subject/location is right. :)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs