LEARNConcierge

Club Only Child Club

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Club Only Child Club

Postby ammonite » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:21 am

How old is your child? I never seem to have enough time to do everything I want to do with the kids during school holidays. Not to say that I don't look forward to my me time once school starts, just that one week is very short.

Does he have indoor hobbies? If so, you can alternate two full day outing with quiet indoor activities. Throw in two movies/ dvds, a set of new books, a new skill, the week is already over.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zac's mum » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:18 am

My child is already 7 years old, so it's not so difficult to keep him entertained. It used to be much worse during his kindergarten days, before he could read independently. So ya now his indoor activities are reading. And helping with housework. Or playing with Lego, sometimes board games with me. We try to minimize screen time to preserve his eyesight. Seems like at each eye check his eyesight getting progressively worse...

The thing is, during term time he spends 6 hours in school. When it's hols, there's literally 6 hours of extra time to fill. He does not, cannot and will not sleep in. That's why we usually go outdoors and hang out outside to kill time. I am an indoor person myself, but I think boys aren't made like girls who like crafting and drawing for hours on end. His cabin fever can really drive me up the wall. Sigh...at least these are the final 2 days of the Sept hols...ya weekends are also whole burden on me when spouse is not around...

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:24 pm

I would have difficulties handling very outdoor kids also :sweat: mine may have been 'trained' to be quite indoor person. I had learned not to promised any outings too early..sweat arh. now, I will put my clause let see then ok, not a promise :lol: dd1 favourite place is library/bookshops that have books for her to read..I m depriving her now as she doesn't have much time to study. she has not been at home most of this holiday. at home, just walking around, talk here and there, doing some stuff here and there, eating, reading whatever story books/mag we have at home, ..that's it will be one day gone. if have one hour studying (SA2 near already hor), I will be happy. Give me 24hours more a day, I will be happiest.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:37 am

zac's mum wrote:My child is already 7 years old, so it's not so difficult to keep him entertained. It used to be much worse during his kindergarten days, before he could read independently. So ya now his indoor activities are reading. And helping with housework. Or playing with Lego, sometimes board games with me. We try to minimize screen time to preserve his eyesight. Seems like at each eye check his eyesight getting progressively worse...

The thing is, during term time he spends 6 hours in school. When it's hols, there's literally 6 hours of extra time to fill. He does not, cannot and will not sleep in. That's why we usually go outdoors and hang out outside to kill time. I am an indoor person myself, but I think boys aren't made like girls who like crafting and drawing for hours on end. His cabin fever can really drive me up the wall. Sigh...at least these are the final 2 days of the Sept hols...ya weekends are also whole burden on me when spouse is not around...

So it is just the morning hours? You need to sleep in and have a slow start but he is raring to go? Six hours is not a lot to fill if you plan ahead. The activities you mentioned are varied and plentiful, so I am not sure why it is still a problem. But if you are thinking - that is six less hours for myself - then yes, it is six less hours of uninterrupted time for yourself, there is no way around it when they are this young. If going out early is very hard for you, then just tell him so. Find a compromise, and schedule going out time with him ahead so that you both know what to expect.

I think Friday is also a school holiday... :wink:

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby magicalland » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:02 pm

In this FREE 'Healthy Kids, Happy Parents' workshop, you will learn what essential oils are, and how to choose essential oils that are of a quality standard; safe for your children and family.

You will also learn how to create a chemical free environment to bring up your children, to improve their overall health and wellness and helping them stay healthy and happy naturally.

Limited seats! Sign up for the workshop at this link: https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/healthy-kids-happy-parents-workshop-registration-37378834099

When
22 September, 19:00–20:30
23 September, 13:00–14:30.

magicalland
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby wikimalhotr » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:23 am

what should our child do in school holidays? any idea

Movers in Dubai UAE | Online Banks Login

wikimalhotr
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Research Survey

Postby Shivania_S » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi Mothers!

I am a Psychology Undergraduate from HELP University. I am currently running my research on the topic "The Relationship Between Kiasuism, Relationship Closeness and Maternal Stress"

I would like to invite you to participate in my study if you are a mother and above the age of 18.

If you agree to participate in my study you will be required to fill in 3 Questionnaires, namely:

1. Kiasu Measure

2. Inclusion of Child in the Self Scale

3. Parental Stress Scale

(can be completed within 10-15 minutes)

Your participation in this study is confidential, scientific report will be based on group data and will not identify you as being in this study. You may choose to stop at any time, and your data will be discarded immediately.

If you are interested to participate in my study, please click on this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeLDhOvDXoo6Kyp97f8jCZV4yCEhXVsAT5Vsbws8ONDALwfRw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Your participation in this study is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Shivania_S
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby weijun86 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am

Hi Parents, I’m Wei Jun, centre supervisor for Enlightened Hand Learning Hub.

Don’t want your child to be playing and facing the computer/mobile devices the entire time during the upcoming school holidays, and looking for activities that your child/children can play, have fun, and at the same time learn skills and knowledge important?

Enlightened Hand Learning Hub welcomes children to join us for our November December Holiday Programme! With the theme of Harry Potter, each week, children will work on the subjects of English, Chinese, Math and Science, and their learning will be done with interactive activities including speech and drama, creative writing, solving mysteries and scavenger hunt! Plus, 2 exciting learning journeys are planned in weekly, allowing your child/children to immerse in discovery learning and expanding their knowledge horizon!

Now, your child gets to have fun, and importantly, learn at the same time!

So, register with us now, call us at 6600 7666 or email us at inquiry@enlightenedhand.com to let your child/children play be awesome and educational! :)

weijun86
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Previous

Return to Newbies & Clubs

LEARNConcierge