Mummy xvirusga: add me in! :)

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy xvirusga: add me in! :)

Postby xvirusga » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:44 pm

hi there, found this website by chance as i am currently fretting about changing primary school for my P2 son who is currently studying in fuchun primary. any one has reviews of primary schools in woodlands area?

thanks! :P

xvirusga

xvirusga
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: add me in! :)

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:29 pm

xvirusga wrote:hi there, found this website by chance as i am currently fretting about changing primary school for my P2 son who is currently studying in fuchun primary. any one has reviews of primary schools in woodlands area?

xvirusga

Hi xvirusga and a belated welcome to KiasuParents.com!

Why are you planning to uproot your P2 child from Fuchun? It is getting more popular with the residents in Woodlands in the past few years.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby xvirusga » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:44 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
xvirusga wrote:hi there, found this website by chance as i am currently fretting about changing primary school for my P2 son who is currently studying in fuchun primary. any one has reviews of primary schools in woodlands area?

xvirusga

Hi xvirusga and a belated welcome to KiasuParents.com!

Why are you planning to uproot your P2 child from Fuchun? It is getting more popular with the residents in Woodlands in the past few years.

Hi ChiefKiasu,

firstly, thanks for your reply. i would like to clarify if you mean that there is a growing no of residents uprooting their children from Fuchun or are you refering to the general cohort? :)

well as for me, my family and I are rather disappointed with the standards of late, esp so with the young brood of teachers. We had a rather substantial no of parents who had the same growing concerns with their current teachers as well. My son's teachers, previous p1 and current p2 class teacher had the same concerns of frequent absentism, with records breaking to 11 mcs in 4 months time, and things got worse nearing the recent exam period, whereby the poor class was really far behind in the syallabus. To make matters worse, the kids had to stay back for remedial just few days before the exam to catch up on their syllabus. We also learnt from other concerned parents that they had to constantly approach the principal for advises about this matter as well. We know that we shouldnt be so subjective but i personally feel that, as a teacher, you should have a certain sense of responsibility towards your students as they directly/indirectly shape up our young.

I certainly understand being a teacher these days is not easy , especially for those who have to strike a good balance between work and family. But we are hoping to see a brood of young teachers who are willing to take up responsibilities as well. Certainly hope i am not too subjective, but there is definitely a certain trend of absentism amongest the younger generation of teachers. His principal had to personally call us up to apologise after complaints where made and to assure as investigations are carried to determine the cause.

Apologies but certainly no offence to those teachers who are in this forum. I am just a concerned parent. I am certain this is only a minority of the brood.

Just my two cents worth.

xvirusga

xvirusga
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:40 pm

xvirusga wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:...Why are you planning to uproot your P2 child from Fuchun? It is getting more popular with the residents in Woodlands in the past few years.

... i would like to clarify if you mean that there is a growing no of residents uprooting their children from Fuchun or are you refering to the general cohort? :)...

Oops... I see what u mean... confusing statement :) What I meant to say was that Fuchun seemed to be getting more popular with residents in Woodlands in the last few years. Didn't know about the absentism problem. That would be very unprofessional.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs