new confused member

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

new confused member

Postby furmoine » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:58 pm

i am a new member here. a little kiasu. no kids yet. was looking through the primary one registration forum. quite confusing for me. hope someone can enlighten me. do different schools have different dates of registration for different phases?

Phase 2A (ii) do we know the results on the day of registration ? can we decide if we take up the vacancy later? keep it on hold - like til we know another schools phase 2 C results?

Phase 2C - usually is later right ?

I was thinking of 2C at a nearby school (within 1 km) for my future children but not sure will get in or not...

MOE website not clear on procedures

furmoine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: new confused member

Postby nicnac » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:11 pm

You will know the result at the end of phase2B. If you decide that your chances of getting a place in another at phase 2C is very high, you can then go to the school that you had already secured your place to do a withdrawal.. Only after the withdrawal, then you can register at the other school.

There will be no turning back once you withdraw from phase 2B and subsequently fail to get a place in another school at phase 2C.

The safest way I guess is to do it on the last day of phase 2C, hrs before the closing time, have 1 parent stationed at both schools. Based on the statistics given by the P2C school, usually the sch will update the no. of applicants for each category, within 1km, 1-2 km etc.. Decide what your chances are. If chances are good, then the parent at the P2B school will proceed to do the withdrawal and after that done, the parent at P2C school can go ahead to do registration.

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sgmaggim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:31 am

I am a relatively new member too. But there are some pretty useful trends and topics! You'll get a hang of it soon!

sgmaggim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby KSP » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:34 pm

KSP :welcome: you to KSP

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JohnYeo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:08 pm

welcome to KSP!