Need advise from the SAHM

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Need advise from the SAHM

Postby sgmaggim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:15 pm

I am not a mother, I am a very helpful aunt who volunteered to plan my niece's fourth birthday party. Her mother (FTWM) wants a healthy menu and the daughter wants a theme party of her favourite colours. Please Help!!!

sgmaggim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Need advise from the SAHM

Postby ammonite » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Most important part is - budget?

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby StudyRoom » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:49 pm

sgmaggim wrote:I am not a mother, I am a very helpful aunt who volunteered to plan my niece's fourth birthday party. Her mother (FTWM) wants a healthy menu and the daughter wants a theme party of her favourite colours. Please Help!!!

What is the crowd like? Mainly the parent's friends or kids too? Is the location home??

My suggestion is get the parents to cook themselves! that's the healthiest. If it's lunch, it can be simple things like sandwiches or they can even organize a pot-luck. (I am imagining half the crowd = adults) If they want "more fun" food, they can make some agar agar and fruit juice for the kids. ((these will be part of the favorite colour theme.) For more colours, it's easy- just buy a lot of balloons!!

If they have space, they can have a corner with crayons/watercolor/etc where the kids can indulge in drawing with the girl's favourite colours. How does this sound?

StudyRoom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby pinkysymphony » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Hope this helps. I recently planned a kids’ birthday party and made it slightly different; avoided the fried food/soft drinks and went for sandwiches and healthy beverage. I also stumbled upon this photo on Pinterest and thought it was such a cute idea! Milk themed party for kids.

Remind me of cookie monster and milk lol…

By the way came across a milk promotion on F&N Magnolia facebook where you get 1 pack free when you buy 3 packs of the 1L milk. Awesome promotion to save some money if you want to organize a milk theme party.

pinkysymphony
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sgmaggim » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Woah! Thanks for all the suggestions. I do like the milk and cookie idea, its is so pretty! Will have balloon, plates, cups and even agar agar all in her favourite colours! Will grab some cookies from cold storage or even famous amos. Thanks for sharing the milk promo, I think that will help keep us within budget.
The party will probably he held at home. Mostly parents and kids my niece grew up with and a selective few from her school.

sgmaggim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MommeeMia » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi! I'm new to this site. Just want to get some ideas on what activities I can do with my children as I'm running out of ideas already after so many years! I have 2 girls in secondary school and 1 boy in primary school.

Any ideas what to do on weekends? I've done lots of activities like baking, cooking, crafts, outdoor activities with my children. Just wondering if there's anything else I can do with them that I haven't tried before... Most importantly, must consider their age. The 2 older girls in sec sch are entering their rebellious stage. I just want to get have some good bonding ideas so they won't stray too much.

MommeeMia
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby KSP » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:30 pm

KSP :welcome: you to KSP

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Newbies & Clubs