Mummy adechg: Newbie to Singapore

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy adechg: Newbie to Singapore

Postby adechg » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi there everyone

We a family of 5 (3 kids - 7, 5, and 2) are relocating to Singapore by the end of this year.

I'm a SAHM and have been doing endless research into schools and everything about getting my son into Primary 2 next year. We have just rented a hdb within 1 km of St Hilda's but he will need to sit for a test conducted by the MOE before we know it he'll get into the school, or any other relatively close to where we live.

I have 2 other kids, and I am wondering if the nearby PAP community foundation kindi will accept them since we have missed the registration deadline.

I welcome any comments, advice, etc relating to anything since I am new and have no idea really about how things work in my new home... :roll:

adechg
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Newbie to Singapore

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:32 pm

adechg wrote:Hi there everyone

We a family of 5 (3 kids - 7, 5, and 2) are relocating to Singapore by the end of this year...

Hi adechg and welcome to Singapore! St Hilda's is one of the top schools in Singapore, so I hope you have prepared your son well to enter at P2.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Newbie to Singapore

Postby adechg » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks for the wishes.

He should be well-prepped, except that there are no vacancies in any of the schools I tried getting him into. And so, we have resigned ourselves to sit for the AEIS (Admissions Examination for International Students) and see which school moe puts him in.

adechg
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs