scoobydoo: New here

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

scoobydoo: New here

Postby scoobydoo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:52 am

Hi,

Chanced acrossed this excellent site while doing some kiasu research....a school for my daughter :lol: She's soon to be three, but I've been told by colleagues, who have been/are going thru the resgitration process that I have to start my research now :shock: So here I am ! :wink:
Now the wife and I are deciding if we should move and where we should move to.

scoobydoo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:16 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: New here

Postby jedamum » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:55 am

scoobydoo wrote:Hi,

Chanced acrossed this excellent site while doing some kiasu research....a school for my daughter :lol: She's soon to be three, but I've been told by colleagues, who have been/are going thru the resgitration process that I have to start my research now :shock: So here I am ! :wink:
Now the wife and I are deciding if we should move and where we should move to.

Hi scoobydoo,
You sure won't miss this site when sourcing around the web for kiasu stuff. :lol:
I guess you are not intending to register through 'alumni' route. If so, it is good to go for PV if you intend to move, cos moving to within 1 km of any popular school will still subject you to balloting in Phase 2C. But then again, if you are looking at 'religious' school, there are still risk of balloting at Phase 2B due to competition from church/clan mumbers and active community leaders.
If your wife is not a SAHM, there are also logistics issue regarding student care etc etc...and so you may consider shifting near to caregiver's place when considering the school etc etc.
So much thing to do, and the good news is that you still have plenty of time. :)
Welcome to KSP.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8517
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby scoobydoo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi Jedamum,

Thanks for the welcome. Was reading about how how some schools pick and choose PVs, it's just like a job interview !! My colleagues have advised me to start submitting my application to do PV at the school of our choice by next year, but at the same time, was reading in this forum that if we are currently not living in the vicinity, chances of even getting selected for PV is slim. And with property prices still a a high, we are undecided on where and when we should commit to a property. Sigh....
I've been following up on this year's registration phases just to get a feel of how "hot" the schools that we are considering for my gal are. Sadly, our first choice appears to be a very very popular school with phase 2B balloting at 1:3 ratio. Streeeesssssss.............. :?

scoobydoo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:16 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jedamum » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:34 pm

scoobydoo wrote: Sadly, our first choice appears to be a very very popular school with phase 2B balloting at 1:3 ratio. Streeeesssssss.............. :?

Ya. For very very VERY popular schools, it is crucial to ensure that you are within the 1km mark before you decide to go the PV route. If not, you may end up with nothing..not even a second chance at Phase 2C.

Just for my info, is your kid's registration due in 2011? Do you reside in the East? :?:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8517
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby scoobydoo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 am

jedamum wrote:
scoobydoo wrote: Sadly, our first choice appears to be a very very popular school with phase 2B balloting at 1:3 ratio. Streeeesssssss.............. :?

Ya. For very very VERY popular schools, it is crucial to ensure that you are within the 1km mark before you decide to go the PV route. If not, you may end up with nothing..not even a second chance at Phase 2C.

Just for my info, is your kid's registration due in 2011? Do you reside in the East? :?:

Yes, Z49 :lol:

scoobydoo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:16 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby scoobydoo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:33 am

Sorry for the multiple posts - i kept getting an error message after i clicked submit :oops:

scoobydoo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:16 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jedamum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 am

:lol: :lol:
I thought you got all excited seeing someone familiar in this forum. :lol:
Nice to see you here and welcome to the 'rat race'. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8517
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20



Return to Newbies & Clubs