Mummy Shmum: Hi, I am new here

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Shmum: Hi, I am new here

Postby Shmum » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:34 am

Hi all,

I have been visiting the forum for the past few days. Just noted that I need to report here first. I wanted to give it a try for good school for my kid. However, those good school are too far away from my estate.

Likely to choose good neighbourhood school in my estate if chances of getting into good school is slim.

Hi ChiefKiasu,

Many thanks to you for your prompt reply to my queries. I have a suggestion: wonder if you could add a new topic on "Special Needs Education". Nowadays, there are more and more kids with special needs and their parents are facing lots of challenges in juggling with daily chores, work and the special needs kids. I think the parents also need advise from other parents how to handle the challenging kids. Sharing of information and passed experience with other parents would be a great exchange of information platform for these parents too!

Just for your consideration.

Regards,
Shmum

Shmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hi, I am new here

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:19 am

Shmum wrote:...I have a suggestion: wonder if you could add a new topic on "Special Needs Education". Nowadays, there are more and more kids with special needs and their parents are facing lots of challenges in juggling with daily chores, work and the special needs kids. I think the parents also need advise from other parents how to handle the challenging kids. Sharing of information and passed experience with other parents would be a great exchange of information platform for these parents too!...

Hi Shmum! Welcome to KSP! Not sure where you stay, but sometimes it is better to go to an average school in your neighbourhood than a branded school far away. Less stress, and better chance to excel => builds greater self esteem at a young age.

Having a Special Needs Education section is a good idea!... except none of us here knows much about it. We can do research, but will need people who know to vet through and even supply material, since this topic requires some level of professional expertise. Any volunteers from parents out there?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ksdad » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:16 am

ChiefKiasu, my suggestion is to create a section - Special Needs in the Forum so that it can allow parents to contribute and share ideas. I believe that many parents are learning along the way and might not be in the best position to vet materials.

The following are a few sites that parents with special needs children that might find useful:
http://www.disability.org.sg/home/index.asp
http://www.spark.org.sg/

Another suggestion is to ask SPARK members to help.

ksdad
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Newbies & Clubs