Daddy Starman reporting...

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Daddy Starman reporting...

Postby starman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi All,
I am new here, just been through the Pri 1 Reg for my boy ...
Phase 2B to Maris Stella ... found this forum useful ... my next problem
is distance ... I live in Bt Panjang... and MS is at Bartley Rd ... hmmm
don't know if we have made a mistake... but thinking of solutions to move to somewhere nearer...

Cheers

starman
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Starman reporting...

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:51 pm

starman wrote:Hi All,
I am new here, just been through the Pri 1 Reg for my boy ...
Phase 2B to Maris Stella ... found this forum useful ... my next problem
is distance ... I live in Bt Panjang... and MS is at Bartley Rd ... hmmm
don't know if we have made a mistake... but thinking of solutions to move to somewhere nearer...

Cheers

Ah... starman... I love that movie from the 80s. Jeff Bridges... and... what's her name? Gosh... my memory is fading...

ok... enough reminiscing... welcome to KSP.com! And yes, distance would be a problem in your case. Try school bus?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby starman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:39 pm

Wow !! Chief you are the first one that knew where my nick came from!! You must be from the same era as me..hahahaha ... yeah I am looking around but not too bad it seems, by car via PIE --> Upper Serangoon Exit around 25 mins...
There is a bus going to the school but pick-up at abt 5.45am... Thanks.. for the nice welcome...and to let you know this is a great forum..

starman
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Yes, yes... it's good to know that I'm not the only one getting old from THAT era :) :)

5:45am?! Wow. During my time, I had to wake up at 5:30am to catch the 6am Bus 148 just to get from Lorong Geylang 1 to St Andrew's... reach school by around 6:40am... I was already kiasu as a kid. Deathly afraid of being late for school which starts congregating at 7:15am for assembly. These days kids are so different... sigh.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs