Mummy MumwifQ: Date joined: 23 July (Stay @ Hougang)

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy MumwifQ: Date joined: 23 July (Stay @ Hougang)

Postby MumwifQ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:42 pm

Hello to everyone,

I just joined today. I have a 6 yrs old girl and 5 yrs old boy. We stay in Hougang. :)
Please advice which primary school not to go in this area. Thanks.

MumwifQ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Date joined: 23 July (Stay @ Hougang)

Postby jedamum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:54 pm

MumwifQ wrote:Hello to everyone,

I just joined today. I have a 6 yrs old girl and 5 yrs old boy. We stay in Hougang. :)
Please advice which primary school not to go in this area. Thanks.

:D That's something new. :lol:
For schools that you intend to shun, are you looking at not so stressful environment for the kids or not so stressful balloting for the parents?
Welcome to KSP. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MumwifQ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi Jedamum,

I am very confused now. :?
Do not want to stress my kids. Let them enjoy school life.
But afraid they are not able to catch up later.
Want to find an "ok" school around my area.
The more I read, find that I am more kiasu.

MumwifQ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:21 pm

All parents are kiasu...cos we want the best for our kids, right? :wink:
As for catching up, no matter how good is the school environment, sometimes it takes time for the kid to 'blossom' too. :) What actually matters more is the home environment and instilling in the kid, a good sense of self-esteem to combat peer pressure, if bad-influence is one of the worries you have regarding the type of school environement. The kid's character plays a part too. Some kids get motivated working in a highly pressured environment while some get demoralised.
I guess you are going to apply in Phase 2C, you must have already shortlisted some schools right? One week left....

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MumwifQ » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:08 am

jedamum wrote:All parents are kiasu...cos we want the best for our kids, right? :wink:
As for catching up, no matter how good is the school environment, sometimes it takes time for the kid to 'blossom' too. :) What actually matters more is the home environment and instilling in the kid, a good sense of self-esteem to combat peer pressure, if bad-influence is one of the worries you have regarding the type of school environement. The kid's character plays a part too. Some kids get motivated working in a highly pressured environment while some get demoralised.
I guess you are going to apply in Phase 2C, you must have already shortlisted some schools right? One week left....

Good morning,

Yes, you are right. One week left to phase 2C.
I’ve shortlisted Xinmin and YCK. Intend to visit the school and observe myself before I make the final decision.
I have actually been to Xinmin Open House and an Orientation in YCK. Both are good to me as compare to my time. :lol:
Thanks.

MumwifQ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Newbies & Clubs