Mummy bb_mom's Dessert Hut

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy bb_mom's Dessert Hut

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello! :rahrah:

I joined this website late last year when DD's PSLE results came out & I was desperate for advice on secondary schools to choose. Found other good threads for my DS who is now in P5. :lovesite:

Now, my kids call me kiasuparent when they see me surfing this site. And I have afternoons to get more addicted to the site as I'm a part-time SAHM.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: bb_mom saying Hi

Postby jjxy mum » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi hi
welcome !
Same here..addicted.. :)

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Been seeing you around for a while. Welcome!

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks! I didn't think it was possible to be so addicted to a website. But every morning, I would check postings and in between office work, I would be checking. This is also the last site I look at before calling it a day. :wink:

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iFirefly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi bb_mom.. :imanisland:

:welcome:

Is your girl settling well in her new school ?

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Oh yes, she's settling in happily. And with common tests over & school holidays coming up, she's even happier.

She got her English results back and was very disappointed. English has always been her best subject so was expecting an A1. So now, she's like freaking out that she's probably at the bottom of her class and will fail. It's actually not that bad. But think she just expected a lot more from herself for this subject.

I noticed that since I stopped working full-time, my relationship with DD is better. She talks more to me & wants to share more about what's happening about school. Or maybe she's just growing up. Whichever way, I'm just happy to be connecting better with her.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:21 pm

:welcome:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm sitting at my dining area surfing the internet. And smelling dinner wafting from the kitchen. Stomach's growling already.

Since I became part-time SAHM, I've become more involved in what's cooking. I am more specific to helper about what to cook for meals. Obviously, I get her to cook food that I love. Thankfully, what I love happens to be what my DC love too. And DH is easy with food.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:07 pm

WELCOME bb_mom!

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Everyone's turned in for the night except me. Can't seem to sleep before midnight. Body clock set for after midnight. In the meantime, surfing the net or reading a book and listen to the wind blowing.

PTM tomorrow afternoon. I've been asking DS if DH and I might be getting an earful from his teachers. All he says is "Dunno." Doesn't inspire much confidence. But think most teachers have been encouraging except for 1 MT teacher when he was in P3.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs