Mummy breguet: Oops! I posted 1st!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy breguet: Oops! I posted 1st!

Postby breguet » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi All,

I posted 1st without reporting here. Sorry for the oversight. I am a new SAHM, having quit my job 6 mths ago. I have a 5.5yo son.

I really like the friendly environment here and the advice, particularly the tongue in cheek ones from Chief KS. Looking forward to more learning from everyone here.

Tks,
Breguet

breguet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Oops! I posted 1st!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:37 pm

breguet wrote:Hi All,

I posted 1st without reporting here. Sorry for the oversight. I am a new SAHM, having quit my job 6 mths ago. I have a 5.5yo son.

I really like the friendly environment here and the advice, particularly the tongue in cheek ones from Chief KS. Looking forward to more learning from everyone here.

Tks,
Breguet

Hi Breguet... no lah... I'm not cheeky... I'm just fat so it looks like I'm cheeky. You not new bird already... but here's a belated WELCOME! anyway.

How, you managed to find out how to deal with your son's temperament yet?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby breguet » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:57 pm

No lah! His sort of temperament is the ai bin type. Which means everybody thinks he's perfectly behaved and happy on the outside, but he's seething on the inside. Killer! Now people think I'm the unstable one :oops: .

breguet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:47 pm

breguet wrote:No lah! His sort of temperament is the ai bin type. Which means everybody thinks he's perfectly behaved and happy on the outside, but he's seething on the inside...

But how do you know he is seething inside? What are the symptoms? And have you identified most of the triggers?

I can read my son like a book, which is good and bad. The bad is that nothing he does seem to surprise me anymore. But the recent feedback session from his MindChamps and school teachers did surprise me. Apparently he is quite popular and vocal in class despite his hare-brain and disorganized approach to classes and their follow up. Maybe I've just been too anal about his "disorganization".

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby breguet » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:25 pm

The triggers - usually other kids. I think he's got some set notion about how other kids must behave (ie, can't kick, shove, be bossy, call names etc). For crying out loud, he's only 5, and so are his friends! Once it's any of these, he'll grit his teeth, look like he's having fun, even start being sarcastic, and then grumble non-stop the minute he's out of earshot.

I'm at every play session and I can say that it's not particularly onerous on him. He's already weeded out the obvious ones, but it's the little instances now that seem to drive him up the wall, and he'll keep digging up old events. I've tried the role playing, the words of retaliation, the just-walk-away, the let-it-go-and-be-happy pep talks, but he won't have any of it, and after a while, he doesn't even want to show up. I've decided the next time he doesn't want to go, SO BE IT! Maybe with the loneliness, he'll realize that he should learn to handle himself and the situation rather than just abandon the friends he's made. :twisted:

Ok lah, otherwise, he's a sweet cutie like all our precious kids are :D.

Any suggestions here, Chief?

breguet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:58 pm

breguet wrote:His sort of temperament is the ai bin type.

My boy too! Last week, he was in a bad mood and burst into tears when i refuse to relent to some issue, but stopped immediately when i asked him if he wants to appear puffy eyes on his K2 graduation pic taking that day. :lol:
Hey, albeit late, welcome to KSP and the ranks of SAHMs. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby breguet » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:35 pm

Tks so much, Jedamum!

See? We have to know how to deal with our little tykes. Hilarious, your guy!

breguet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs