LEARNConcierge

Mummy Starlight's Astronomy Observatory

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Starlight's Astronomy Observatory

Postby Funz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:56 am

starlight1968sg wrote:11 Jul 2018
I have not ski before. I am tempted before my bones give way. I am conscious on the cost of ski lessons to pay and the thick clothing I have to prepare. Hmm... let me think further on skiing.

Skiing is not something that you can do in Singapore. Since paid so much and travelled all the way there, I would take the opportunity to try it. I skied long time ago when in my early twenties. Not good at it but at least able ski down the beginner's slope. During my last trip to Korea, tried to ski, after 20yrs, I could not even get up from the sitting/fallen position, that is how much muscle strength and flexibility I lost.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MyPillow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:We were shared with a joke during our trip.

NZ faces serious “terrorists” !

The population of NZ is about 5 mil. The cattle population is about 30 mil. If one day the sheep and cows decided to take charge (like in Animal Farm), the people will be in the pen.

As soon as we get out of the cities, sheep and cows scattered on the rolling hills or mountainside. They are amazing - oblivious to the surrounding and just munching the grass. They don’t need warm clothing like us. They just eat and eat; very focus and simple

:rotflmao:

star, enjoy your holiday!

:rotflmao:
focused on eating then can produce happy milk and happy beef

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am

Then, Starlight, you must eat as much of NZ beef & drink their freshest of milk. When u're back to Spore, reality sets in - any NZ food follows yr flight back alr no more fresh.

Eat & enjoy! Leave the sheeps & cows to do their job. Don't distract them owise their farmers will complain quality drop! :laugh:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Funz wrote:Skiing is not something that you can do in Singapore. Since paid so much and travelled all the way there, I would take the opportunity to try it. I skied long time ago when in my early twenties. Not good at it but at least able ski down the beginner's slope. During my last trip to Korea, tried to ski, after 20yrs, I could not even get up from the sitting/fallen position, that is how much muscle strength and flexibility I lost.

I also tried when I was 20. I have poor balance and motor skills, so I didn't even make it down the baby slopes comfortably even after 5 days of lessons. My main memory is falling! All my friends moved on to the other slopes, and I was the last one - and there were 5yo kids who were doing so much better then I was. I decided that was something I wouldn't try again.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:29 pm

The ride was about 7hr long!

Asian food is relatively cheap in terms of portion.

I ate the below Spicy beef noodle (like pho) and the price is just NZD 12.50. If I eat in a restaurant at home, the price may be similar and add service charge and GST. Here is just pay the listed price.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Funz and slmkhoo
Skiing is not a must for me but good to try when my bones are still ok.
I am glad my legs are still ok. In fact this time, no nose bleeding, crack lip, dry skin due to the dry cold air. The only issue is still light sleeping which makes me wake up a few times per night. But I have this prob even at home.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:35 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:The ride was about 7hr long!

Asian food is relatively cheap in terms of portion.

I ate the below Spicy beef noodle (like pho) and the price is just NZD 12.50. If I eat in a restaurant at home, the price may be similar and add service charge and GST. Here is just pay the listed price.

DH dislike traveling long journeys. He'd rather drive. If ride on buses or coach with those travel packages, he'd rather save the money & stay home to sleep. He doesn't appreciate scenery like I do, so long journeys of >3 hours is when I pen my journals & put my thots & vex lyrical.

Pho, yummy! Like u ill asks for extra bean sprouts & spring onions/leek for extra crunchiness. Enjoy yourself SL!

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 am

12 Jul 2018
Weta Cave

When I told my sis that I will be visiting Weta Cave, her immediate response, “no, not a cave!”

Weta Cave is a workshop where many props used in LOTR, King Kong, Narnia, and many popular movies were made.

I never expect Weta Cave is just a big house tucked in a living residential area.

We have a bit of hiccup. We wanted to buy Weta Cave Guided Tour and Thubderbird Tour upon arrival. However when we checked on the availability online, only the former was available and the timing was near noon instead of our planned late morning. After much discussion, we decided to book online the Weta Cave Guided Tour since we are already at Wellington.

We arrived earlier and asked if we could book the Thundebird Tour. The staff said no prob at all by topping up the fees.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:28 am

Lots of talented people working in Weta Cave.

Who would have imagine using cardboard, some aluminium foil (using in our kitchen for baking, roasting) and some clay would create the below:

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:12 am

It's amazing! It'll be our next vacation project with kids & nephews/nieces.

SL, thank you for sharing. :thankyou:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

LEARNConcierge