Mummy Starlight's Astronomy Observatory

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:135

Re: Mummy Starlight's Astronomy Observatory

Post by janet88 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:43 am

I love the fragrant smell of snow skin, with white lotus and bits of moist egg yolk. oh yes, not so sweet please.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by starlight1968sg » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:57 pm

4 Sep 2019
1) My father is in St Andrew Community Hospital (SACH) for rehab since 13 Aug 2019. Today he did his LPA with one of the doctors of SACH.
She spoke with him in the presence of a Medical Social Worker while we (his 3 children and his dil as a witness) waited outside the consultation room.
After confirming dad knew what he would be signing, she signed.
The documents will become legalised 3 weeks later if nobody contests.
OPG will inform me how to retrieve the document online.
All donees including the replacement as well as a witness have to be present.
Cost: $70.

2) We signed to hire a helper to take care of dad. He needs somebody to hold or support when moving around. It is risky to leave him alone.
The helper is a transferred as her last employer is whole family returning to China.
We had a face to face interview at SACH yesterday. She was briefed on her duties.

For this helper, we are embarking on an uncharted journey as none has one.
We are now trying to arrange dad to be discharged once the paperwork for hiring is completed.
I will have to stay with the helper for some days or weeks before we can hands off and no eyes see.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:19

Post by sky minecrafter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:35 pm

@Star, speak to the hospital therapist - they can arrange for the helper to be trained to handle your dad. At the same time, ask therapist to assess which types of walking aids would be useful. After discharge, it's trickier to get hold of these professionals...

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:158

Post by Nebbermind » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Do not let these new challenges overwhelm you and pray for the cooperation of all your siblings in sharing the responsibilties.

May be good to install webcam at key parts of your dad's home to monitor him and DW. Some come with intercom which may come in useful for him.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:19

Post by sky minecrafter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:59 pm

Agree with NBM. Encourage your dad to move around, exercise suitably as recommended by therapist, just make sure someone is always around.

Our (100yo) elderly became depressed after the hospital stay, didn't wanna get out of his chair at all (afraid of falling, found it troublesome, etcetera). That's very bad for mental health. Be patient & encourage him to resume his usual daily activities, accompanied & according to therapist's instructions of course.

myteapot
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by myteapot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:22 pm

Stay strong, Starlight. The journey from here will be more challenging. Be mentally prepared and stay positive.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:52

Post by Estéema » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:28 pm

Star,

I u’stand what u’re going thro. As our elderly age, all 零件 starts declining & everything seems to affect & bring on other issues.

I agree with NBM that if u can, arrange for elderly cars training with at least one family member besides the new helper formally left with elderly at home.

Suggest you work our a weekly schedule for helper to follow, which shld include remind of medication, cooking, neighborhood walks. Give the elderly a reason to go out. One of my aunt who had dementia & possibly depression at one time, now visits the St Luke elderly daycare for exercises. I went in to join her DIL & noticed aunt’s temperament improves drastically. Tho she s’times forget family members, she spoke to me with personal reference & was very cheerful introducing me to all her new friends. Impt to help our elderly expand their social circle & purposeful activities.

Hang in there. Things shld fall in place after a routinevis established. Stay positive & our elderlies are usually able to become more cheerful.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by starlight1968sg » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:40 am

Thanks ladies
I will press on to move on :D

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:333

Post by Funz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:12 am

It's good that your siblings are around to help as well. Remember to take care of yourself too.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by starlight1968sg » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:06 am

Funz wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:12 am
It's good that your siblings are around to help as well. Remember to take care of yourself too.
Though siblings do hv diff opinions, at least they know somehow they hv to chip in to assist.

I have only a dd. When I grow old and need assistance, I don't know how.