Mummy piggymum: Hi, I am a working mum with 2 kids

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy piggymum: Hi, I am a working mum with 2 kids

Postby Piggymum » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Hello there!

I am a half dead full time working mum with a 4 yr old girl & a 2 yr old boy. Wanted to work part time but boss disapproved :(

Piggymum

Piggymum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Hi, I am a working mum with 2 kids

Postby workingmom » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Piggymum wrote:Hello there!

I am a half dead full time working mum with a 4 yr old girl & a 2 yr old boy. Wanted to work part time but boss disapproved :(

Piggymum

From one working mother to another, I know exactly how you feel. So little time with the children! My SAHM friends have warned me that it gets even harder once they start primary school.

It is great for the moms who get to work part-time or from home. My kind of work can be done partly from home but it's all about changing the mind-set of the employer and equiping their staff with the necessary telecommute infrastructure. Unfortunately many firms are still conservative and don't want to start work-from-home schemes.

workingmom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Hi, I am a working mum with 2 kids

Postby jedamum » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:02 pm

workingmom wrote:It is great for the moms who get to work part-time or from home.

Yes, it is really a great experience to work part-time. I did that for around 2 years until I am almost doing full time work at part-time pay. :?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Piggymum » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi workingmum & jedamum,

In fact my work can also be done anywhere so long as I bring my laptop with me but my boss likes to hold meetings & talk non-stop! When I am on Maternity Leave, he kept calling me for "discussion" until I couldn't tahan, switched-off my hp! :x

My hubby also warned me about working part-time. He said I may not necessary hv more time by working part-time. It's not worth it to take pay cut & yet need to do all work within 3 days. So, I am stuck! Sometimes disillusion :?

Piggymum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs