Property Investment Singapore Club

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Property Investment Singapore Club

Postby PIS » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 pm

I am a newbie here. I did'nt spot any property investment club here and i would like to start this property investment topic here with the parents of my same age group, 40+. By the way, I am not a property agent.... :celebrate:

While pursuing my passion in property investment, i also try to inspire my two young kids the importance of financial education via the play of adult monopoly board game and cashflow game.

You will be surprised that my young kids can buy a sentosa cove property and beat me down in the adult monopoly.

Would you agree that property investment works and to teach our kids in property investing since their young age as well?

:lovesite:

PIS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Property Investment Singapore Club

Postby kwy kwy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Great idea for a club.
I will be the first to join.
Hopefully I can find some inspiration on how to educate my kids on the importance of property investing.

kwy kwy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby PIS » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:32 pm

You may not believe it. While playing adult monopoly with my two young kids, my younger daughter aged at 5.5yrs old won me for consecutive two weekends. They already grasped some sense of buying which properties which will bring values at the later stage.

While a lot of parents are focusing on sending their children to specialty hobby such as piano and ballet, i didnt. Playing monopoly and cashflow 101 is a great way for them to really understand the importance of investment.

PIS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby PIS » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Hmm...based on my experience, let the kids start off by playing junior monopoly...this board game is very simple and related to parties. I think 3-5 yrs old can start to play it.

The game is about acquiring different parties and one goes over to another's party, they will have to pay $1 or so. Kids will associate the importance of buying the valuable parties so that they can collect more money if other join their parties.

After a few months of playing, they will get bored and that is the time to start adult monopoly. My stand to my two kids are quite simple. If they behave well and do their homework diligently, i will give them my time in the weekend to have a game with them. Or otherwise, they will just play themselves.

PIS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby PIS » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:07 pm

If u have read the recent news, hdb resale flat price had set a record high, $1,088,880 in oct 2014 for a hdb masionette located at bishan st 13. Blk 194, will you be worried as a parent for your children when it is time for them to buy one. Cannot imagine by then.

http://propertyinvestmentsingapore.sg/b ... sale-price

:scared: :yikes: :shock:

PIS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby PIS » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:07 am

Since holidays were over, my kids are picking up their focus on homework. Monopoly board game will only be restricted to my kids to let them just have one game over the weekend.

PIS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kychua » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Cashflow is a pretty good game! I think my son went for a competition where they played that game...it's about getting out of the rat race rite?

kychua
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby PIS » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Yes, it is all about educating young kids to get out of rat race.

Rather than lecture, kids may be able to absorb faster or appreciate better through the board game.

My kids (6 & 8 yrs old) are quite good in playing adult monopoly now.

See an article regarding this game.
http://propertyinvestmentsingapore.sg/b ... -for-kids/

:boogie:

PIS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby PIS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:24 pm

In my earlier posts, i mentioned about the pros of REIT investment.

With the recent announcement of better job data in US, i reviewed and post my take for REIT investment in the second half of 2015 and 2016.

http://propertyinvestmentsingapore.sg/b ... k-in-2015/

PIS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

NDP Tickets - How to get NDP tickets 2015 in Singapore

Postby PIS » Mon May 11, 2015 10:09 pm

How to get NDP tickets 2015 in Singapore?
Check this out :
http://propertyinvestmentsingapore.sg/blog/ndp-tickets-how-to-get-ndp-tickets-in-singapore

Application period only opens between 8 May 2015 to 17 May 2015. Balloting results will be notified via SMS between 1 to 4 June 2015.

Good Luck! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

PIS
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs