Mummy poohcutie: Hi

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy poohcutie: Hi

Postby poohcutie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:24 pm

hi

am new here.
Stay at home mum of 2 kids aged 5 and 2.

:D

poohcutie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Hi

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:40 pm

poohcutie wrote:hi

am new here.

Welcome poohcutie! Which childcare are your kids in? And I guess next year is the big year for your 5year old child. All ready to go?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby poohcutie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:49 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:

am new here.

Welcome poohcutie! Which childcare are your kids in? And I guess next year is the big year for your 5year old child. All ready to go?

hi
Thks
Im a SAHM since the birth of my no1.
my 5yr old is attending pre-sch and no2 who will be 3 next yr will be gg to full day pre-sch so that i can spend more time wif my no1 to prepare her for P1
:)

poohcutie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:11 am

Thks
Im a SAHM since the birth of my no1.

wow...sahm since no. 1....do you intend to return to the workforce anytime soon?
poohcutie wrote:my 5yr old is attending pre-sch and no2 who will be 3 next yr

for a while, i thought i read that 'no. 2 who will be no. 3 next yr'. :lol:

poohcutie wrote:will be gg to full day pre-sch so that i can spend more time wif my no1 to prepare her for P1

i used to think of letting my ds2 go to full day preschool next yr too as my ds1 is going to P1 next yr, but being sahm it doesn't justify my time away from ds2 and also the HFMD scare is still lingering in my mind.... :(

Anyway, welcome to KSP. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:57 pm

jedamum wrote:...i used to think of letting my ds2 go to full day preschool next yr too as my ds1 is going to P1 next yr, but being sahm it doesn't justify my time away from ds2 and also the HFMD scare is still lingering in my mind.... :(...

Yuh boy... my kid caught HFMD in the last month of her stay in Kinderland in June... I was really upset with the school because of that. I felt that they were really slow in informing parents so that we could have kept our children at home as precaution. It was a nightmarish experience for us.

So no... even if they don't report it in the papers anymore, HFMD is still lurking around.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby poohcutie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:24 am

hi jedamum

re:back to workforce
do miss my workinglife but i guess my kids are more impt as for nw. may work part time in future :D

re: HFMD
this HFMD is always 'around'. Hope schs and cc will be more alert and do checks daily.

my no2 needs different stimulation and i really cant catch up wif her. she is quite active and doesnt allow me to homesch her. Hence, decide to send her to full day pre-sch.

poohcutie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:40 am

poohcutie wrote:my no2 needs different stimulation and i really cant catch up wif her. she is quite active and doesnt allow me to homesch her. Hence, decide to send her to full day pre-sch.

is your no. 2 borned in the year of the puppy? my no. 2 is and he is also very active. i am also worried that preschool teachers couldn't handle him as there is no 1 to 1 attention. actually i am the only one around the house who can handle him singlehandedly...even my mum or mil said that they can't handle him alone. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby poohcutie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:21 pm

jedamum wrote:
poohcutie wrote:my no2 needs different stimulation and i really cant catch up wif her. she is quite active and doesnt allow me to homesch her. Hence, decide to send her to full day pre-sch.

is your no. 2 borned in the year of the puppy? my no. 2 is and he is also very active. i am also worried that preschool teachers couldn't handle him as there is no 1 to 1 attention. actually i am the only one around the house who can handle him singlehandedly...even my mum or mil said that they can't handle him alone. 8)

hi

ya. born in year of 'PUPPY'. I got no help from parents or PIL. Helper went off last yr and since then, im handling 2 kids alone at home most of the time.

ehh., sometimes my hubby also cant handle my gal esp when my elder gal is at home..She will find ways to 'disturb' her jiejie. got to be alert wif her as well cos she is playful.most of my hsehold items have been 'destroyed' by her :cry:

poohcutie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:30 pm

'Puppies' are playful by nature. :lol:

I am quite fortunate. Although a SAHM, my ILs take care of most of the household stuff. I am assigned mainly to look after my ds1's schoolwork (so the pressure is on me! :roll:) and be ds2's playmate...that's besides playing police and all this sorts of stuff.

Fence makes good neighbours. So long there are clear boundaries set, my kids can play in harmony. Ds1 actually does a good job taking care/entertaining ds2...much better than my husband :roll:. My ds1' toys are lock in a separate room away from ds2's destructive reach, so when ds1 needs time alone or away from his noisy brother, he will 'isolate' himself in the room for some self-play time.

Is are you enrolling you younger one into the same preschool as the elder one?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby poohcutie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:57 pm

mayb u are right.'puppies' are more playful by nature...thats y i nick name my no2 jack rusell and believe it ant, she loves puppies so much tat she only wan to wear tops wif puppy prints on it and carry her soft toy dog at home everwhere she go :lol:

my elder gal's pre-sch only have 3hrs daily programme so no2 will be gg to another pre-sch :wink:

so are u preparing yr ds1 for P1 next yr?? hw do u cope??wont yr ds2 wants ur attention when u are coaching yr no1??

poohcutie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs