Mummy palm80: Harlow

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy palm80: Harlow

Postby palm80 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:06 pm

Harlow! I'm a newbie, got 2 young boys (1 in P2, 1 is 8 months old).

Am looking for playgroup and kindergarten possibilities in Yishun area when I came across this site/forum.

Lotsa info and advice and hope I can contribute my 2 cents worth.. :)

cheers,
palm80

palm80
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Harlow

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:44 pm

palm80 wrote:Harlow! I'm a newbie, got 2 young boys (1 in P2, 1 is 8 months old).

Am looking for playgroup and kindergarten possibilities in Yishun area when I came across this site/forum.

Lotsa info and advice and hope I can contribute my 2 cents worth.. :)

cheers,
palm80

Welcome palm80! Your children's age gap is almost like mine. Good thing is that you get a breather before taking on the new kid. But you won't be able to take advantage of Phase 1 for Primary school registration for your 2nd child. Can only do Phase 2A2.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby palm80 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Thank you Chief! And i definitely agree with you; but on the other hand, I get to enjoy 14 years of childcare leave (I'm a working mother).... ha ha..
:lol:

As my bb is only 8 months old, it's still early to consider which school he should attend. We are staying in Yishun and he can consider Xishan Pri as my hubby is an alumni. Or Chongfu where our flat is practically separated by a fence to the school. ha ha...

So right now am looking out for playgroup and kindergarten for my bb. This is the reason I came across this forum and to actually, I have to confess that this is my first forum. :oops:

palm80
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 pm

palm80 wrote:...I get to enjoy 14 years of childcare leave (I'm a working mother)...

Yuh hor... good strategy! But kind of depressing as it seems the only time I get to go on leave these days is to look after sick children :cry: .

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:11 am

palm80...welcome to KSP. 8) I have 2 boys too...and I thought my boys' 4 years age gap is big.... :) Many parents may not have the courage like yours to go for a second kid and be tied down by nappies and such when the first one has finally showed some independence. Good job!

ChiefKiasu wrote:But kind of depressing as it seems the only time I get to go on leave these days is to look after sick children :cry: .

Hm..if parents get to have paid leave to take care of sick children, why can't children get paid leave to take care of sick parents? haiz...

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mom2boys » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:44 pm

ya...parent's leave sounds good :lol: must raise to paliment :lol:

if not, depends on my 2boys,dun know i have the luxury of them taking care of me when i'm sick :roll: my hubby wants a gir to pamper..now with the new incentives...he will try to make me agree to try for the 3rd one already :? but having 2boys already tired me out totally...unless guaranteed the 3rd one is a little princess, i cannot imagined myself with 3 ninja turtles :oops:

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jedamum » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm

mom2boys wrote:my hubby wants a gir to pamper..now with the new incentives...he will try to make me agree to try for the 3rd one already :? but having 2boys already tired me out totally...unless guaranteed the 3rd one is a little princess, i cannot imagined myself with 3 ninja turtles :oops:

my husband wants a girl to dote on too...but he also said that luckily we have 2 boys instead cos he will be heartbroken if the precious he dotes on for so many years one day come back with a boyfriend and daddy is no longer No. 1. :P

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Newbies & Clubs