MrsKiasu's Home Sweet Home

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:128

Re: MrsKiasu's Home Sweet Home

Post by lee_yl » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:43 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
lee_yl wrote:Image

Baking Buttermilk cake and Hershey’s Choco cookies. Oh, didn’t know that buttermilk taste like yogurt! :lol: No wonder you said like add vinegar/lemon juice to fresh milk.

First time baking a cake and cookies concurrently so as to save electricity. Lol

Today I switch to using unbleached, superfine wholemeal flour and reduce all sugar by half.
They looked really delish..I esp like the top of the cake, like pro la you. I actually cant do that :lol: I m missing my baking session so much! after this week will be my days :rahrah:
My cookies and cake look pretty but their taste not that great (at least to me). The cookies are too bland. And the buttermilk cake, soft and fluffy, reminds me of “huat kueh” :?

Seannnnn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Seannnnn » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:43 pm

MyPillow wrote:
laughingcat wrote:
FantasyLandDreams wrote: Cost of JC tuition 2 years ago:
Econ: $1000 per month at a centre
Physics: $1000 per month at a centre
If engage NUS undergraduate ( on dean's list kind) as tutor, also $500 per month I was told. In the end I think they engage double dose tuition too and hence $3000 per month.
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
It's true, my snr colleague spent this amt for her gal tuition in Alevel, Econs , GP , Maths etc just to squeeze her into Uni (not Top local Uni , UniSIM in the end) now the girl grad but not doing well at work - complain stress etc maybe too much tuition since young so dunno how to handle real life work problem sums :evil:

Actually smartie who shined academic may not shine at work - some. Can study but dunno how to work well n work smart or maybe too stubborn to learn , not modest at all :shrug:
Actually, my thoughts on tuition is that the most expensive is not necessarily the best. Its about your connection and ability to understand the tutor. I used to put myself through school and went for tuition because i was afraid i wouldnt do as well as my peers. But key thing is that, i realised i find myself looking forward to going to tuition when i can relate to the tutor. Hence, my advice is to review the tuition teacher after 2-3 months. If the connection is not right, then find another, or the money is wasted and student dont benefit..

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:35

Post by MyPillow » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:00 pm

lee_yl wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:
lee_yl wrote:Image

Baking Buttermilk cake and Hershey’s Choco cookies. Oh, didn’t know that buttermilk taste like yogurt! :lol: No wonder you said like add vinegar/lemon juice to fresh milk.

First time baking a cake and cookies concurrently so as to save electricity. Lol

Today I switch to using unbleached, superfine wholemeal flour and reduce all sugar by half.
They looked really delish..I esp like the top of the cake, like pro la you. I actually cant do that :lol: I m missing my baking session so much! after this week will be my days :rahrah:
My cookies and cake look pretty but their taste not that great (at least to me). The cookies are too bland. And the buttermilk cake, soft and fluffy, reminds me of “huat kueh” :?
Looks really delicious!
NOw still make rock buns? my ds sec 1 was already choco chips cookies.
Good lar, your girl bake, u shake leg, helper clean up :rahrah:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:128

Post by lee_yl » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:40 pm

MyPillow wrote:
lee_yl wrote: My cookies and cake look pretty but their taste not that great (at least to me). The cookies are too bland. And the buttermilk cake, soft and fluffy, reminds me of “huat kueh” :?
Looks really delicious!
NOw still make rock buns? my ds sec 1 was already choco chips cookies.
Good lar, your girl bake, u shake leg, helper clean up :rahrah:
All sec 1 students must learn rock buns? DD1 just started Home Econs and she will be doing Choco chip cookies in 2 weeks time.

Just now DH commented that my cookies are so bland, can feed dogs! :spank:

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:75

Post by ammonite » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am

Did you give him your best headmistress stare and say,”You will mop the floor very very well tonight right?”

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by sky minecrafter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:13 pm

laughingcat wrote:@Sky, why you so slow. :laugh: I have signed up...
LBM Grammar Grandma Bites, Enrolment OPENS on Sunday, 1st of April, at 08:00 A.M. :cry: of joy...

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:19

Post by laughingcat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:29 pm

We have completed the LBM Grammar Grandma bites liao. @Sky, you still got time lah. Complete it before SA1. :evil:

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by laughingcat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:32 pm

lee_yl wrote: Just now DH commented that my cookies are so bland, can feed dogs! :spank:
lee_yl, your DH haven't learnt ah. Never give his honest remarks to wifey. Not nice must say nice. Very nice must say damn nice. Give DH a :spank: and "you shall not sleep on the bed tonight" :evil: :rotflmao:

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by sky minecrafter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:53 pm

@LC. my dear, have you used LBM online writing course? How's it compared to TAS book?

Also, I walked by LBM Beauty World branch; tempted to ask Mrs Chew to consider opening P1 Compre class during holidays (1 day workshop kind), given the branch looks so cool. :imcool: We get inferential questions but I'm not sure if I'm coaching it properly (like do I guide from clues or wat, y'know). I don't know how the schools teaching cos I've to do my own annotations post-marking (stickler for annotating :lol:)... Do you use LBM classroom lessons?

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by laughingcat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:44 pm

@sky, I didn't use the LBM online writing course leh. But my DC attempt the free "The Essentials to PSLE English" which also covers the creative writing portion. It is somewhat similar to TAS (my opinion only). But then again, I can't say much about these 2 in terms of creative writing as we didn't attend the regular classes. But I did attend the TAS parent workshop. But if you ask me about the other online courses, pls don't try the Writing Samurai. It is kinda of waste time as you can't go through it again unless you continue to pay. If one decided to stop, all the previous lessons will be closed and cannot go back for revision. As for LBM, one can review again (for refreshment) even though you have completed the lesson.

I only use the LBM for Grammar, Cloze techniques and Compre guides. Because we have timing issue on hand, and so I used online lesson and so didn't attend their regular class. Though I would prefer they have more online classes for compre.