club worrypigs

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

club worrypigs

Postby faithfuldad123 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:07 pm

Are you too worried about your children's wellness? Are you often critisized because of that? Well, this is the club for you! Let us share our woes here! :rahrah: :rahrah:

faithfuldad123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: club worrypigs

Postby Tuition Centre » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Some of children has no idea how fortunate they are having their parents working hard for the family.

Tuition Centre
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby faithfuldad123 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:43 am

Tuition Centre wrote:Some of children has no idea how fortunate they are having their parents working hard for the family.

True :goodpost:

faithfuldad123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby XYZ1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:23 am

faithfuldad123 wrote:
Tuition Centre wrote:Some of children has no idea how fortunate they are having their parents working hard for the family.

AGREE, ds wants to stop school and wants to stay at home. I told him if he quit school, he must go to work, he says no, just stay at home and parents will 养 him.....I've heard similar things from other frenz' children....is this how pampered our kids are?

XYZ1
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:53 am

XYZ1 wrote: AGREE, ds wants to stop school and wants to stay at home. I told him if he quit school, he must go to work,

haha... dd used to say that too but she knew she has only a psle cert and where can she find a job...

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby faithfuldad123 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:31 pm

XYZ1 wrote:
faithfuldad123 wrote:

AGREE, ds wants to stop school and wants to stay at home. I told him if he quit school, he must go to work, he says no, just stay at home and parents will 养 him.....I've heard similar things from other frenz' children....is this how pampered our kids are?

The best way to solve this problem is to let them experience it themselves. Let your ds do whatever he wants: Sleep in class, no pay attention, etc. Usually, ds should get a low mark for coming exam. If he really does, take him to the cleaner. Tell him:" Fine, you want me to 养you, first you must show that you are worthy of me doing this by working. WIth your results, the only thing you can do is clean the streets." Force your ds to do it and 讲道理to him after he realises his mistake.

faithfuldad123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby GradyBear » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:26 am

One mum told me how she goaded her son to change his attitude in life. Her son who graduated with a degree chose not to work full-time but only pick and choose not to hold down a job. She took him to a coffee shop after dinner one evening where a sign says "Dish washer for hire... pay $xx". "Dish washer manager $3K". Then she told the son, "Even a dish washer gets paid higher than you" and you have a degree. Now the son is working in an IT industry with a pay higher than $3K. Sometimes, we as parents worry but it is the facts of life out there, that will change the child's thinking if correct comparisons are made. Kudos to this friend for her quick-thinking.

GradyBear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rains » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:53 am

Are there places that hire teenagers aged 15? I have looked up Starbucks and the minimum age requirement is 16. Does Mc Donald's or KFC take 15-year-olds?

Mine is always dreaming of a life that's about drinking Frappe at Starbucks and going ice-skating when bored. Studying is a life too hard on her. I would like her to experience studying and working part-time if she thinks studying alone is too tough and boring.

rains
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:14 pm

rains wrote:Are there places that hire teenagers aged 15? I have looked up Starbucks and the minimum age requirement is 16. Does Mc Donald's or KFC take 15-year-olds?

Mine is always dreaming of a life that's about drinking Frappe at Starbucks and going ice-skating when bored. Studying is a life too hard on her. I would like her to experience studying and working part-time if she thinks studying alone is too tough and boring.

Last week I was chatting with a sweets vendor and she told me her child who is 14, is working at Subway this holiday. You may want to try calling them to check.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:16 pm

rains wrote:Are there places that hire teenagers aged 15? I have looked up Starbucks and the minimum age requirement is 16. Does Mc Donald's or KFC take 15-year-olds?

i think Mac hires 14 year olds. some weeks back, i saw a young boy manning the ice cream booth at IMM.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Newbies & Clubs