Mummy sleepy's Chamber

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy sleepy's Chamber

Postby MrsKiasu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 am

My side not very neat. I fold all clothes that dont need to hang up except their little bottoms which i put at one section..after I experienced the hurricane of it after a while, i find no point to fold them up.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:27 am

janet88 wrote:
MyPillow wrote:i dun like untidiness
Told my son he is staying in MY HOUSE so he needs to keep it neat n tidy
, told him if i am angry i may make him camp outside
or i will take away his bed and he sleep on the floor ( to "scare" him) my son need to be pushed n reminded ....Boys :(
my girl is auto, she folds n keep her clothes, sometimes i re-arrange to my on liking but generally she is neat n auto pilot

:hi5:
that's exactly what i told them. in MY house, he has to be neat, clean and tidy. but if his house, that's his problem. my daughter is auto pilot to help me but she is not neat. my hubby folds clothes...but once a week, i will re fold and arrange nicely.

As my kids got older, I have allowed them to have more autonomy. Even though it's my house, it is also their home, so I close my eyes to what is in their room (other than the floor on mopping days) as long as it poses no health and safety issues. One day, I will be living in a room in their home, and they may not like how I do things!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 am

To begin with, I'm not neat and tidy. Just look at my desk and study room, 3 times worst than kids' desks and room. And I'm still procrastinating over packing. 真是越来越心虚啊

But I will still ask kids to tidy up their room especially their desks. Obviously can't wait for me since I still have my own messy study room to sort out. I don't need more packing task

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 am

The boys will keep their own clothes into their wardrobe after I folded them.

Recently I showed ah boy my wardrobe n drawers, telling him this is my standard n expectation of him.

He then took 20 minutes to organize his, very proudly when showing of his neatly arranged wardrobe, at the same time told me this might last for only a few days.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:41 am

Jennifer wrote:The boys will keep their own clothes into their wardrobe after I folded them.

Recently I showed ah boy my wardrobe n drawers, telling him this is my standard n expectation of him.

He then took 20 minutes to organize his, very proudly when showing of his neatly arranged wardrobe, at the same time told me this might last for only a few days.

:rotflmao:

This maid, simply cannot figure out which is whose clothes, especially all our exercise and casual wears. My clothes end up in DDs cupboard, DH's clothes in DS's cupboard, DD and DS clothes in each other's cupboard, etc. So I told her no need to keep the kids' clothes in their cupboards for them, leave it for them to do. They can then sort out all the mix ups while keeping.

I've largely left kiddos to handle their own rooms since couple of years ago. Only when it comes end of school year then I will tell them to clear unwanted books and notes. I have also told them that we have provided them with ample cupboard and shelf space so if they find themselves running out of space, it means they are hoarding too many things so time to donate or throw, there is no such thing as not enough space.

Once I told them they have to pack their own room, etc, I close both eyes most of the time. I have a rather high tolerance for mess, it's DH who cannot stand it. :smile:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby janet88 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 am

if we can't find our clothes, it's definitely in son or daughter's cupboards. that's another reason why i have to rearrange their cupboards. my hubby can't seem to differentiate the owner of the clothes :faint:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 am

janet88 wrote:if we can't find our clothes, it's definitely in son or daughter's cupboards. that's another reason why i have to rearrange their cupboards. my hubby can't seem to differentiate the owner of the clothes :faint:

Boy and girl different style different sizes. Should be quite easy to differentiate leh

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 am

Kids' wardrobe are over spilling. I only factored in 2 door built in wardrobe (with 6 pull out drawers) when we moved in 10+ years ago. They were toddlers then so their clothes were tiny. Ample of space. The other 2 door are for books.
Now they have grown so big and clothes volume also increased multiple times. Space constraint. I bought a toyogo cabinet (with 6 pull out drawers) to supplement but still insufficient leh

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 pm

sleepy wrote:
janet88 wrote:if we can't find our clothes, it's definitely in son or daughter's cupboards. that's another reason why i have to rearrange their cupboards. my hubby can't seem to differentiate the owner of the clothes :faint:

Boy and girl different style different sizes. Should be quite easy to differentiate leh

Precisely...but my hubby can't seem to differentiate leh. Either my clothes end up in son's cupboard or vice versa. Can't complain or else I will hear this comment from him, 'you not happy, then you do it.' That is why mopping became my responsibility. But I will intentionally re-fold clothes in kids' cupboards when he is at home and he will ask, 'you can't find your clothes?' When men do housework, better clam up or else we will have to do everything.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Sleepy.. Wat app do u use to watch ur kdrama? Do u watch using laptop or smart devices? Last time I downloaded pptv but cannot load anyting at all.

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs