Mummy Randwick's Corner

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Randwick's Corner

Postby randwick » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 am

Hello dear friends, I am finally starting my own page. :hi5: Apologies for being late. Ya, it took me so long to figure this out! :wink:

I am a SAHM with DS and DD.

I enjoy reading the sharing and tips and have started to share too.

Feel free to drop by!

randwick
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Mummy Randwick's Corner

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:23 am

Hi mommy Randwick..

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby randwick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:22 am

MrsKiasu wrote:Hi mommy Randwick..

Thanks MrsKiasu for dropping by. Have been so stressed this whole week.

My DD (in P6) started her CAs on Monday and now so relieved. She is going to have last paper today.

In the middle of the week, she got the flu bug again! 2 weeks ago, she got fever, running nose...the works! Now although no fever, her nose is like a leaky tap and aiyoh!, that cough! AHHHH ! Poor girl.

She said her papers were ok so far but found Math hard. Can only tell her performance when the results are out. Ok can mean anything. Now, I am worried about her worst subject - Math, whether she can pass or not. Sigh.

randwick
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mummy AY » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:56 am

Hi ... sorry, but what's "CA"? ... :scratchhead:

My hubby often says that as parents, we will "worry" about our children for the rest of our lives! ... :lol:

So relax and dun worry lahh ... what will be, will be ...

Mummy AY
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:10 am

Haha, yeah the ok can have a very different meaning esp. for mine, I just realised :sweat:

Your dd is in P6 now ..first PSLE? Hope you have started your ksp reading earlier :lol: I couldn't have imagine myself to start reading the ksp when my dd is in P6 :laugh:

Hope your dd has fully recovered..better sick now than during real PSLE. Can faint then..i mean us parents :razz:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby randwick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:16 am

This is not my 1st PSLE. DS took his PSLE 2 years ago. But this is my 1st HANDS-ON PSLE. With DS, when he's in P5/P6, I was monitoring his work and progress but he was more on auto mode, especially for his stronger subjects like Math and Science. So I did not dwell on the specifics.

DD's character, personality, strengths and weaknesses are so different from DS's. Just say, she is not as matured and not so goal oriented as DS. So, need more motivation and pushing. DD's Math is the weakest because she lacks confidence in it. She often just stare at the question and space out. I have to jump in to help her and learn and do with her. During this process I learnt that P6 Math standard is really really really :siao:

Parents being parents, we cannot be not kiasu, right, we want to make sure the kids are doing their best. Lucky I am SAHM so can have time to go through the P5/P6 syllabus. I really SALUTE the working mummies who are working just as hard to teach the kids! :salute:

btw, Mummy AY, CA is Continual Assessment. It's the exam before the mid year or end of year.

randwick
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 am

randwick, hmm from some qns posted I guess I roughly know :nailbite: heart getting abit weak today :sweat: :lol:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 am

randwick wrote:She said her papers were ok so far but found Math hard. Can only tell her performance when the results are out. Ok can mean anything. Now, I am worried about her worst subject - Math, whether she can pass or not. Sigh.

your daughter done with CA today? weekend would be a relief.
mine only has hers next week...done 2 mock papers for paper 1 math in school. the real thing is next week. though i take it as revision, i am still somewhat worried if she can manage word problems because there are 4 new topics. her english comprehension is a little unsteady.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:53 am

randwick wrote:Hello dear friends, I am finally starting my own page. :hi5: Apologies for being late. Ya, it took me so long to figure this out! :wink:

I am a SAHM with DS and DD.

I enjoy reading the sharing and tips and have started to share too.

Feel free to drop by!

:welcome:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi Randwick,
Welcome onboard.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster