CookiesMonster: Sawadee Kha

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

CookiesMonster: Sawadee Kha

Postby CookiesMonster » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:10 am

I'm relocating back from Land of Smiles.

In the midst of getting a new place but kinda stuck with the high prices demanded by sellers. Bcos of budget constraints, I'm lookg at Yishun.

Wondering if there's any good school rich in Chinese culture other than Chong Fu (which I understand even if you stay besides it, still got to ballot). I am not loaded to buy into some clan or school.

So, appreciate those staying in Yishun point me in the right direction. And I do understand if my actions seems Kiasu and Kiasi as afterall we are Singaporeans right.
:lol:

CookiesMonster
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Sawadee Kha

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:41 pm

CookiesMonster wrote:I'm relocating back from Land of Smiles.

In the midst of getting a new place but kinda stuck with the high prices demanded by sellers. Bcos of budget constraints, I'm lookg at Yishun.

Wondering if there's any good school rich in Chinese culture other than Chong Fu (which I understand even if you stay besides it, still got to ballot). I am not loaded to buy into some clan or school.

So, appreciate those staying in Yishun point me in the right direction. And I do understand if my actions seems Kiasu and Kiasi as afterall we are Singaporeans right.
:lol:

Sawadee Kha to you too, CookiesMonster!

Yes, Chongfu is the most popular school in Yishun, with a strong focus on Chinese. Jiemin is another school you may want to consider too.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby CookiesMonster » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome and pointer.

Schooling used to be a fuss-free affairs but now it is causing stress amongst parents. I didn't have to go through this with my 1st born.

But because I sold my place now I am about to go mad because of finding an affordable home vs finding a good school.

You are our salvation in this deep maze of education system. Thank you.

CookiesMonster
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs