Newbie looking for P1 & P2 curriculum recommendations

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Newbie looking for P1 & P2 curriculum recommendations

Postby elaton » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Hello, everyone.

I just joined kiasuparents.com. I'm an American parent living in the U.S. who is eager to incorporate aspects of Singaporean education, particularly math, into my children's education. (My children are P1 and P2 in terms of age and attend a U.S. public school.) Although I have found recommendations on the internet for workbooks, I'd like to find out which textbooks are frequently used among top Singapore schools. My goal is to be able to create a math curriculum that is similar to what is being used in Singapore so that my children can be taught it at home. Any links or information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

elaton
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Newbie looking for P1 & P2 curriculum recommendations

Postby janet88 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:07 am

elaton wrote:I just joined kiasuparents.com. I'm an American parent living in the U.S. who is eager to incorporate aspects of Singaporean education, particularly math, into my children's education. (My children are P1 and P2 in terms of age and attend a U.S. public school.) Although I have found recommendations on the internet for workbooks, I'd like to find out which textbooks are frequently used among top Singapore schools. My goal is to be able to create a math curriculum that is similar to what is being used in Singapore so that my children can be taught it at home. Any links or information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

hi,
many primary schools in singapore use 'my pals are here' math textbook.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zappy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:11 am

Here's the link to the MOE Approved Textbook list.
https://www.moe.gov.sg/education/syllab ... tbook-list
Link to download is on right side of the url.

Zappy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby elaton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:18 pm

Thank you, Zappy!

elaton
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Newbies & Clubs