Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mommy Huiwen's Little Corner

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mommy Huiwen's Little Corner

Postby Huiwen86 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:50 am

Hi,I am new to KSP and the mother of two 11 year old twin girls.Just became a SAHM from today.Just started this little corner to chat with everyone who is interested to chat with me.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Mommy Huiwen's Little Corner

Postby janet88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:08 am

hi huiwen,

the girls must be happy to have you at home...they have not experienced family life all these years. your mum is very thoughtful to ask your hubby to bring them to singapore. now all of you get to enjoy time together and school on a normal work week.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Huiwen86 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 am

janet88 wrote:hi huiwen,

the girls must be happy to have you at home...they have not experienced family life all these years. your mum is very thoughtful to ask your hubby to bring them to singapore. now all of you get to enjoy time together and school on a normal work week.

Hi,Janet...

I do not really like the kind of lifestyle that the twins and both of us had before.Having to travel to Malaysia to pick them up from school is not really a good way to spend our Sundays when we are supposed to rest.My mom thought that it does not seem right to keep the twins in Malaysia until they finished secondary school before letting them come out to SG.So while my dad was not around,she asked both of us to drive up and bring them back.

I am glad that they are finally travelling on the same timelength as us and also studying in SG.Burden of long distance travel also reduced on hubby.

Just a bit disappointed that they could not get into the school that I used to teach at.But I could not ask for more with the way things are going.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:16 am

Huiwen86 wrote:I do not really like the kind of lifestyle that the twins and both of us had before.Having to travel to Malaysia to pick them up from school is not really a good way to spend our Sundays when we are supposed to rest.My mom thought that it does not seem right to keep the twins in Malaysia until they finished secondary school before letting them come out to SG.So while my dad was not around,she asked both of us to drive up and bring them back.

I am glad that they are finally travelling on the same timelength as us and also studying in SG.Burden of long distance travel also reduced on hubby.

Just a bit disappointed that they could not get into the school that I used to teach at.But I could not ask for more with the way things are going.

was your dad fuming when he found the girls missing?

long distance travel + irregular school hours doesn't make sense when you & hubby are working here.

the school you're teaching at is rather stressful for the girls who have not studied here before. but if they work hard enough and do well at psle, they can still enter. in the meantime, it will be a little taxing for you to homeschool in your condition. after today's event, your other half will be back.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Huiwen86 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:50 am

janet88 wrote:
Huiwen86 wrote:I do not really like the kind of lifestyle that the twins and both of us had before.Having to travel to Malaysia to pick them up from school is not really a good way to spend our Sundays when we are supposed to rest.My mom thought that it does not seem right to keep the twins in Malaysia until they finished secondary school before letting them come out to SG.So while my dad was not around,she asked both of us to drive up and bring them back.

was your dad fuming when he found the girls missing?

long distance travel + irregular school hours doesn't make sense when you & hubby are working here.

the school you're teaching at is rather stressful for the girls who have not studied here before. but if they work hard enough and do well at psle, they can still enter. in the meantime, it will be a little taxing for you to homeschool in your condition. after today's event, your other half will be back.

He was furious of course...Tried to chase us with his car but my mom hid his car keys away.

Hopefully,the twins can do well in PSLE and enter the secondary school version of where I was teaching at previously.Not easy but achievable.I will have to work very hard on their Chinese.Not much problems with English,Maths and Science.

My other half will be back today.He will sure be totally drained out.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:29 am

Huiwen86 wrote:Hopefully,the twins can do well in PSLE and enter the secondary school version of where I was teaching at previously.Not easy but achievable.I will have to work very hard on their Chinese.Not much problems with English,Maths and Science.

as a teacher yourself plus home schooling, the twins should not have a problem....this period is indeed very fruitful. once their foundation is firm, p5 should not be an issue. have you considered going back to work in 2020? the twins will be in p5 next year and p6 in 2019 and that is a crucial year. the younger twins will be 2 then and finished their jabs.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Huiwen86 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 pm

janet88 wrote:
Huiwen86 wrote:Hopefully,the twins can do well in PSLE and enter the secondary school version of where I was teaching at previously.Not easy but achievable.I will have to work very hard on their Chinese.Not much problems with English,Maths and Science.

as a teacher yourself plus home schooling, the twins should not have a problem....this period is indeed very fruitful. once their foundation is firm, p5 should not be an issue. have you considered going back to work in 2020? the twins will be in p5 next year and p6 in 2019 and that is a crucial year. the younger twins will be 2 then and finished their jabs.

I did consider taking an additional year off.Even my husband also advised me to do that cos the girls are taking their PSLE and may need additional help with their academics.

He asked me that due to them reaching preteen age and more easily led astray if no one is around to guide or watch them.

Especially for my older girl who is a bit more headstrong when she decides to do something and the younger one who is more gullible.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Huiwen86 wrote:I did consider taking an additional year off.Even my husband also advised me to do that cos the girls are taking their PSLE and may need additional help with their academics.

He asked me that due to them reaching preteen age and more easily led astray if no one is around to guide or watch them.

since you have hubby's full support, it may be a good idea to resume work until the girls are done with psle and the babies are older. having mummy at home is definitely a good feeling. you won't be bored esp after your twins are born next year.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Huiwen86 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:51 pm

janet88 wrote:
Huiwen86 wrote:I did consider taking an additional year off.Even my husband also advised me to do that cos the girls are taking their PSLE and may need additional help with their academics.

since you have hubby's full support, it may be a good idea to resume work until the girls are done with psle and the babies are older. having mummy at home is definitely a good feeling. you won't be bored esp after your twins are born next year.

Since it's just an additional year off and for the sake of the 2 zehzehs,I may just do it.

I think they have the potential to take the academic route that hubby and I took myself(primary-secondary-JC-NIE) if I groom them properly these 2 years.If they can go poly,NUS or NTU,no problem for me too.

Hubby did not go NIE though.He enlisted after his A Levels.

Was wondering if it is safe for me and the girls to make a trip back to Malaysia in Dec for a couple of weeks because it is my dad's birthday.Thought that it is right of me to attend his birthday dinner and offer him my best wishes as his daughter but I would be around 8 months pregnant then.

I don't want to go through the same scenario if I returned and suddenly give birth back in Malaysia just like what had happened 11 years ago.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:54 pm

Huiwen86 wrote:Was wondering if it is safe for me and the girls to make a trip back to Malaysia in Dec for a couple of weeks because it is my dad's birthday.Thought that it is right of me to attend his birthday dinner and offer him my best wishes as his daughter but I would be around 8 months pregnant then.

I don't want to go through the same scenario if I returned and suddenly give birth back in Malaysia just like what had happened 11 years ago.

The best person to ask is your doctor, but he won't be able to answer you till closer to the time. It's a very long drive (to Penang, right?), so you may find it uncomfortable. If you are more than about 32-36 weeks (depending on airline), you may not be allowed to fly. Perhaps you may have to send your greetings to your father in some other way, and promise to visit after your babies are a little older? Or ask your father to have an earlier celebration of his birthday to accommodate you?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres