Daddy beginsyoung: Hi all, I'm new here.

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Daddy beginsyoung: Hi all, I'm new here.

Postby beginsyoung » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my 1st post in the forum. This place is very informative and of great help to people like us.

Anyway, I'm considering St. Gabriel's Primary school for my son who is due for P1 in 2011. In my area, only 2 schools are Catholic schools, Maris Stella and St. Gabriel's. These are boy only schools. They are also within 1~2km from home. PLMGS is within 1Km, which my elder girl is attending.

Maris Stella is a more ideal choice but I frowned at the idea of going through a balloting exercise. By looking at balloting history, St. Gabriel's has a higher chance for parents like me who are probably qualify for Phase 2C. Just thinking aloud, as a Catholic do I have a chance to enroll my boy in phase 2B?

There is also the nearby YangZheng, which has a rich heritage, started back in year 1906, more than a hundred old of history. But I'm also looking at affliation, which makes it easier for the boy to go into secondary school and eventually the JC. YangZheng doesn't have this advantage.

I don't know much about St. Gabriel's so I need to rely on the experts here who have boys studying in this school. It seems like an average school and have nothing much to shout about. So what do you guys think about it.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

beginsyoung
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:52 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby tankee » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:25 pm

:welcome: to KSP

Good Luck !

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby Guest » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:29 pm

:welcome: Don't know much about St Gabriel personally only know my ex-colleague put her son there, seemed that she was quite happy with her experience.
Guest
 

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:34 pm

:rahrah: :welcome: :welcome: :rahrah:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11858
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63


Postby tankee » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:39 pm

ks2me wrote::welcome: Don't know much about St Gabriel personally only know my ex-colleague put her son there, seemed that she was quite happy with her experience.



and is your colleague at KSP?

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18



Postby Guest » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:44 pm

tankee wrote:
ks2me wrote::welcome: Don't know much about St Gabriel personally only know my ex-colleague put her son there, seemed that she was quite happy with her experience.



and is your colleague at KSP?


no leh...too busy with work and 3 kids... :lol:
Guest
 

Postby auntieM » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:49 pm

:rahrah: Hello!

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:43 am
Total Likes: 2


Postby autumnbronze » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:51 pm

ks2me wrote:
tankee wrote:
ks2me wrote::welcome: Don't know much about St Gabriel personally only know my ex-colleague put her son there, seemed that she was quite happy with her experience.



and is your colleague at KSP?


no leh...too busy with work and 3 kids... :lol:


Alamak, that means we are too free already :!: :wink:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11858
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63


Postby Guest » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:02 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Alamak, that means we are too free already :!: :wink:


I speak for myself la...relative to her, I should be considered "free" :wink:
Guest
 

Postby hmsg » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:08 pm

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

hmsg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 am
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs